Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: iphone or g1 google phone?

Default iphone or g1 google phone?

Ok, so I've had a motorola razor phone for over 3 years now and its starting to give me some problems. It's been a great phone, but I think it's time for a new one. I've been checking out these new smart phones, which do you guys think is better, the iphone or the g1 google phone thing? Are they even worth it, or should I just get a regular damn phone since I don't need any more gadgets.

Unhappy

Last edited by allthatwhichis; 07-24-2009 at 19:09.

Hey thanks for the great information allthat.

Question What gives, Aaron?

Why "Fuck off"? Because the guy needs a new phone? Because he's considering a smart phone? Hell, I seem to remember that you've got a fairly advanced unit yourself... Why the envy?

OK, you're tied to Sprint, which means no I-phone for you, but so what? The HTC-Touch Pro is every bit as capable as the I-phone, and cheaper to boot... (Plus you've already got an I-touch, so what's the big deal?)

Why are you hating on DZ all of the sudden?

Back on topic: personally David, I'd just get a regular phone, since it's unlikely you'd use all those other features anyway... (After all, when was the last time you wished you could watch TV or listen to music or check your e-mail from your *phone*?) Just more shit to break. (Plus your plan will cost more...)

Adam

OK, you're tied to Sprint
    ah, that explains the hostility!!! Allthat, if it makes you feel any better, I do use a sprint air card for my laptop.

Thanks Buffo, you're probably right, more junk to break and things I probably will never use. What is a decent regular phone then? There's about 30 to choose from!

Depends... Do you need a crackberry, or just a regular phone?

Adam

Regular phone with internet connectivity and a crappy camera. I actually just switched to my first ever land line, AT&T signal was a joke here we called to cancel and they were surprised we could get any... As much as I would love an iphone, the biggest thing I found I liked about my last phone was the microSD memory card (now in my RIYA micro). It is nice to have access to mobile search engines to look up flights or maps but I almost never used the features. If you could actually teather the new phone to your laptop (takes jailbreaking with the iphone) you may be able to get rid of your sprint card so think about getting a smart phone if that works out saving some money (so you can spend the rest of your money on lasers).

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

I have an iPhone, and now I dont know if I could live without it.

Hell, half of my posts here are from my iPhone

I know there are better phones out there, that can do more. BUT most of them require you to do a bunch of tweaks and hacks and stupid crap like that,

I just wanted a phone that would do what I wanted it to do out of the box, and not have to do a bunch of 'mods' to get it where I wanted it to be. I dont even really like apple at all, I would never buy a macbook or any of that crap, but for me the most logical choice was the iPhone and I still love it!

Can't speak for the Google phone as i've never seen it. However, i've just replaced my HTC XDA smartphone with one of the new 32gb 3gs iPhones and I have to say I love it

Apple certainly have got things right, it's just sooo easy to use. It has Email push, so I can get all emails directly onto my phone. Other neat things are the integrated iPod (Love it), built in GPS, maps, thousands of neat applications downloadable from the iTunes store, 3 megapixel camera and movie camera, contacts, web browser etc etc.

Everything just works... first time

Dan set up VNC for me so I could even control my PC wirelessly (LivePRO ).

The Google phone would have to be Bl**dy good to even come close to the iPhone. It taken some time for me to be convinced enough to get one, but now I have i'm well impressed.

Just one thing though... It's a slippy little sucker, so I would recommend a nice case for it as it can easily slip out of your hand. I've just bought a flip up suede case which makes it much easier to hold on to.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hmm, thanks for the info guys, and that puts me squarely back on the fence! Decisions, decisions...