Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else play with RC toys; land, sea, or air?

Default Anyone else play with RC toys; land, sea, or air?

I am curious to see if anyone else is into radio controlled toys. I got a Traxxas Stampede after two botched attempts at RC Helicopters flying. I like the fact I can crash the truck, roll it back on its wheels, and ride out again. A minor heli crash will take it out for weeks or months.

The Stampede was fairly cheap at $189 ready to ride. I had to go back and get the "EZ charger". The included one took 8 hours to charge the 45 minute battery pack. The EZ charger does it in 45 minutes. I also had to snag an LED light pack with headlights, fog lights, reverse, tail/brake lights and turn signals... Funny thing was; most of the online kits were $50 to $100. Kit from the local place was $16.

Kinda nice to find something that I can open the box and be amused within 15 minutes of putting the battery in.

Who else got what?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Lets see.....

I started the hobby years ago.

A tower Hobbies Trainer40 plane. Decent flying, taught myself, did ok and a windy landing coupled with a chainlink fence killed it along with flying for me.

A Hirobo 60 heli that was given to me with a locked up engine. Never did fix it and passed it along to someone else that still flies it.

RC10 electric
    RC10-L electric
    RC10-GT gas
    Kyosho Inferno 10 4x4 gas
    Team Losi XX electric
    A couple of Legends cars

All of those are gone now with the exception of the Inferno10, which I gave to a friend and could still run it if I wanted to.

RC is a fun hobby but me personally, I enjoy building them more than running them. I'm slowly selling off things that are left on 3bay.

ALTHOUGH..... I'd love to het my hands on one of those hydro-what-ever-they-call-it. it's a boat/plane and looks really fun.

Anything you are looking for?

Ive flown RC Planes & Helicopters for about 8 years now. I flew competative aerobatics (F3A, like the formula 1 of RC flying!) until about a year ago.

I have sold most of my planes now as I have took up clay pigeon shooting.

I still have my Helicopter's which are a Thunder Tiger Raptor 50 & an Align T-Rex 700.

This is my Composite ARF Edge 540 (2mtr x 2mtr), Full Composite with DA50 50cc petrol engine.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11012009357.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	200.3 KB 
ID:	19483

This was my last F3A competition plane, Composite ARF Integral with a YS 160 engine, cost about £2500
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18012009366.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	171.9 KB 
ID:	19484

There has been many...many others that unfortunately did not survive!

you just had to ask didn't you ;-)

Lama V4 with a few modifications, flew it with stereoscopic FPV in the EMAV competition:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxV5i...eature=channel

These two are synchronized internal and external view videos of a training run prior to the competition: run them in two side by side windows:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKr13...eature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKBKu...eature=channel

now I have a RC-Fox and a TREX-250, which hasn't flown yet.....

El Paso, Texas USA and Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

The trucks were my gig after trying over and over to launch a trainer plane. Even tried getting my buddy to hand launch it. I have Revo truck all hopped up but haven't messed with it 2 years now(make an offer plane or truck). You can Drive the trucks and jump them but watch your curbs. A large money pit as the Traxxas Revo investment went over 1500.00 by the end. A ton of fun I must say. Building 1st RGB now. Problem w RC is the hobby isn't driving those truck it's build crash build crash lol.
    Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

FS: hi grade SEAL DUST

Robots:several H/M, one I-sobot and one Robosapien.
    Helis: One Eco-piccolo and lots of Silverlit PiccoZZ.
    Planes: several sticks, one Impress and another Brand X.

And Playing with RC servos, (putting together X-Y) to move Leds reflectors that go with the Music.
    RC or Pre programed to move with Music(I found a circuit with Mic. and servo out).

Default You did it now!

I've been flying RC for over 10 years now. A couple years ago I was elected to the position of Chief Flight Instructor of my club. In other words I teach the flight instructors how to teach. I love anything that flies although I have a HPI Savage that has been modified to the point it isn't a Savage anymore. Motor, brakes, transmision, reverse, wheels tires, body, drive train. I'm sure I forgot something. I also fly on a formation team that mimics the Blue Angels & USAF Thunderbirds. We fly at the local clubs for their noon time shows and are well known in Central Florida. This is what happens when you have worked for two different hobby shops. One is the largest in the country. Graves R/C in Orlando Fl. They have over 600 airplanes hanging inside. Quite the site to see. I love scale and custome build most of my stuff. This is just a sample of my other obsession.

Lazerjock
    Last edited by Lazerjock; 09-14-2010 at 09:40. Reason: Forgot about formation flying.

Default Concept 30

I have been flying a concept 30 helicopter for about 20 years now.
    3' rotor span ridggid rotor wings a symetrical. Flying the R.C. is what motovated me to become a rotorcraft pilot, but I can't mowe the lawn with the real chopper like I can with the R.C. one.
    I also R.C. a big stick 40 fixed wing, it's fun but not like the concept 30. when you mowe the lawn with it, you get an uneven cutt. learning to Fly the R.C. Heli up side down in a hover taxi fashion was an exspensive mastering chalange.
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    One is the largest in the country. Graves R/C in Orlando Fl. They have over 600 airplanes hanging inside.
    I went to Graves to get the EZX Charge and LED lights. Superior Hobbies was having a Labor Day sale; I went there for the truck and got $20 off.

Hey LJ, are those jets ducted fans or turbines?

Really wish I had the time, money and skill to fly something like that.