Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pangolin and Windows 7

Default Pangolin and Windows 7

Just throwing this question out there... Have any Pangolin QM2000/LivePro users come across any problems with Windows 7?

Recieved my Windows 7 upgrade disks today and don't want to risk screwing up Pangolin the day before a LEM

Cheers
    Mark

I have problems with Windows 7 Professional full stop.

It won't boot without the disc in the DVD drive - take it out and BootMgr is reported as missing even though it uses winload.exe!

Also, MPEg4's files created in vegas have no sound.

So far no-ones come up with a solution and I've done several clean installs.

beware!

Usual Microsoft rubbish then

Last week I tested Pangolin LD2000 together with Windows 7 without any problems. Ofcourse some hardware of my laptop wasn't supported by Windows 7 but the Pangolin part worked fine. I tested it only a very short time and it seems like the software is running fine under Windows 7. Later I removed Windows 7 because of the non supported hardware in laptop.

My copy came from my laptop manufacturer and came with a separate disk containing all the drivers, so hopefully I will be ok... I think I will leave it until after UKLEM before I install it though... Don't have too much faith in Microsoft products and don't want to be up all night tonight trying to fix Windows

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
    My copy came from my laptop manufacturer and came with a separate disk containing all the drivers, so hopefully I will be ok... I think I will leave it until after UKLEM before I install it though... Don't have too much faith in Microsoft products and don't want to be up all night tonight trying to fix Windows

Mark
    Ok, sounds good. If you have any problems with the new Windows 7 together with Pangolin feel free to contact me and I will try to help you out.
    It wasn't needed for me but there is a quite neat feature in Windows 7 to run a program or setup in a XP or VISTA mode.

Thanks for the offer Francesco, hopefully it will all go pretty smoothly....

Famous last words eh...

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Francesco View Post
    Last week I tested Pangolin LD2000 together with Windows 7 without any problems. Ofcourse some hardware of my laptop wasn't supported by Windows 7 but the Pangolin part worked fine. I tested it only a very short time and it seems like the software is running fine under Windows 7. Later I removed Windows 7 because of the non supported hardware in laptop.
    Good News Fancesco!

Have you tested this in *both* 32 and 64 bit environements? 99% of computers that are coming with Windows 7 are coming with Windows 7 64 bit. Also, most computers that were purchased right before the release of windows 7 with the "free upgrade to 7" are sending Windows 7 64 bit.

I just went through about 2 weeks of these nightmares.

Quote Originally Posted by Francesco View Post
    It wasn't needed for me but there is a quite neat feature in Windows 7 to run a program or setup in a XP or VISTA mode.
    A few catches with that...

1. you need to have windows 7 pro or ultimate. will not work on win 7 home premium

2. your *hardware* needs to support "hardware virtualization" in order to run windows xp compat. mode.

please look here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/vir.../download.aspx

there are a TON more processors and compauter manufacturers in which this compatibility mode *does not work with* than does work with.

AMD has even less HV support.

intels site to see what processors support HV-

http://processorfinder.intel.com/ dont make my mistake by paying for upgrades and *then* finding out AFTERWARDS that the upgrade you just paid for still wont work becasue of your hardware.

Hope this helps a little...

-Marc
    Last edited by gottaluvlasers; 12-04-2009 at 07:33.
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Have you testes this in *both* 32 and 64 bit environements?
    Do testes perform better under 64 bits then? Perhaps mine need an upgrade...

LOL-

OOPS!!!
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems