Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A little video of an outdoor show I did over the weekend in Eugene Oregon

Just one question, how did you haze outside?

Those are some of the most solid beams I've ever seen at an outdoor display. Normally they are broken or poorly defined because of the problems in keeping the atmosphere adequately and equally hazed. So was just wondering how you managed this?

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Just one question, how did you haze outside?

Those are some of the most solid beams I've ever seen at an outdoor display. Normally they are broken or poorly defined because of the problems in keeping the atmosphere adequately and equally hazed. So was just wondering how you managed this?

i did a show in southern washington with jamesx that naturally hazed ;D

the outdoor venue was fogged by tons of natural particulate from the ground moisture/hot day. by 1130 pm it was like a well hazed room.

not sure what rick did but i wouldnt be surprised if it was just a fogger/natural occuring particulate

If you get a still night there's no real trouble keeping haze around.

Sorry about the commercial interruptions folks.....and now back to the show!

Outstanding show Rick!!! The lasers all looked AWESOME!!!!!

To answer the question about the haze: Edit: read next post

Quote Originally Posted by hivelaser View Post
    what the fuck you trying to say, if you have to say something say it to my face... you have no idea what you talking about, you don't know any facts so tell me, shit face.

Sorry for writing this in the comment here...
    How the hell did that just pop out of thin air??? And more to the point - why post that comment in the thread? I think that would have been more appropriate to be said in PM. To whoever you were talking to....

Unless it was the voices in your head. Doctors have meds for those voices now. You should check with the doctor maybe.

-Gene
    Last edited by Phredy1; 09-14-2010 at 15:35.

The fog was mother nature when I took the pics, but earlier in the night I used an F100 fogger and and antari 1200 and went through 3 gallons of fog juice in 2 nights... Just gotta keep pumping the fog til the mist rolls in....

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Terminated beams on trees does not count as navigable airspace. I kept the angle down to avoid going into navigable airspace which means there is no need for FAA Clearance. Only the CDRH/FDA Show notification.

Hope this clears things up for you all.
    [/QUOTE]

Once again we live in a battle of semantics and differing application of the rules. I got told anything outside, even if terminated. My friend in Arizona has the same rule applied to him.

This is common in our industry.
    Odds are we're both right in a way, the way the convoluted system works. I'd love it if its just the navigable 500 feet or 750 feet and up.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

I could see that.. convoluted is certainly an apt term for the "rules and regs" here in the US. Sometimes it's very obvious and clear what's OK to do, other times no one has a bloody clue.

Default my FAA rep said anything outdoor terminated or not needs a Letter of Determination

" 15 characters"
    Last edited by Laser Wizardry; 11-13-2015 at 10:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Wizardry View Post
    That is odd, I have to file all the time for outdoor shows where the beams are terminated. That includes venues with 4 walls but no roof, and that includes venues with a roof and no walls ( ramada type structures)

this is most disturbing to find that one company can do things another company cannot, and we report to the same FAA office.....

Has anything changed in the last several months? It has been a while since I have had to do an outdoor show..

But nonetheless, I have been told in the past by FAA, CDRH, and Arizona Radiation Regulatory Agency that it needs an FAA letter if outside, period.....
    Not that it's surprising, but I've always been under the belief, by reading various places over the years (I don't have an FAA rep), that things are the way slicklasers' link indicates. The idea of needing to report to the FAA even though the beams cannot enter NAVIGABLE airspace is absurd to put it mildly, but that is par for the course with Uncle Sam which is why I say it's not surprising.. I will point out, however, that slick has been the only person here to supply links to back their position up..

OK perhaps not the place, but curious.

I was informed that if commerce wasn't attached to this, say just in your own backyard that nothing is required as long as all beams are terminated.

Is this correct??
    leading in trailing technology