Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trans Siberian Orchestra Seattle - who is going?

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    there is a show of it on the FTP
    There is? Where? I can't find it.

Gene

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    You better hurry up; I been thinkin bout using that song for a show. Bout that time of year.
    It's out there.....
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

I do wish they would visit the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by QUAZAR View Post
    I do wish they would visit the UK.
    Keep an eye out this spring TSO is supposed to be coming to Europe. ;-)

Smile

Just remember: if it's your first time going to see TSO in concert - know that for the first 45 minutes of the concert they do this rather lame narrative story with music tossed in between the narrative parts. It's rather long, considerably boring, and the music is not very upbeat. I saw lots of people walk out of the concert during this part, and honestly I considered doing so as well. But that would be a mistake!

After the narrative part is over with, the *real* show begins, and it's this second part that you paid your hard-earned money to see. It lasts a good 90 minutes or so - maybe longer, and it flat-out *rocks*!

This second part is when the stage comes alive with all the cool effects, when they fire up the laser projectors, the colored pyro, all the lights, and even the snow machine. (That's right - SNOW machine!) And it's also when they play all the cool songs that you were waiting to hear.

The second half of the concert is worth double the price of admission, in my opinion. However, the first part kinda sucks. Just tough it out though, because the second part of the concert will absolutely blow you away.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Coo-mo-d View Post
    Keep an eye out this spring TSO is supposed to be coming to Europe. ;-)

Yep.... would really like to see them...but they are only doing ONE show in LONDON March 28th ...on a Monday night???? Now that, (to use term from over the pond) SUCKS

For those of us in the rest of the UK....(beyond watford gap) is just a non starter....

Probably cheaper to go to Amsterdam for the Saturday 26th... hmmmm
    Move toward the light!

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Just remember: if it's your first time going to see TSO in concert - know that for the first 45 minutes of the concert they do this rather lame narrative story with music tossed in between the narrative parts. It's rather long, considerably boring, and the music is not very upbeat. I saw lots of people walk out of the concert during this part, and honestly I considered doing so as well. But that would be a mistake!

After the narrative part is over with, the *real* show begins, and it's this second part that you paid your hard-earned money to see. It lasts a good 90 minutes or so - maybe longer, and it flat-out *rocks*!

This second part is when the stage comes alive with all the cool effects, when they fire up the laser projectors, the colored pyro, all the lights, and even the snow machine. (That's right - SNOW machine!) And it's also when they play all the cool songs that you were waiting to hear.

The second half of the concert is worth double the price of admission, in my opinion. However, the first part kinda sucks. Just tough it out though, because the second part of the concert will absolutely blow you away.

Adam
    What Adam said!!!

Just got back from the show. Overall it was awesome. Like Adam said stick the first half out to see the second half. Well worth the price of tickets.

Awesome stage lighting, LED walls, pyro effect were great, and when the band rocked, they kicked some serious butt. Great musicians and a LOT of them!

2 small disappointments:

1. The sound wasn't that great for a huge production like that. Maybe it was just the shitty Key Arena acoustics or something, but I wasn't really impressed.

2. I think I counted 10 laser projectors. 4 color and 6 greens. They looked pretty good power wise and nice colors on the 4 RGB's. But.....pretty much static beam effects, and solid steady colors for each effect on the RGB's. It looked to me like they just clicked through some cues on occasion and that gave the effect of movement and probably the audience was impressed. I wasn't. A shame to waste those nice laser projectors in my opinion.

Good show though!!
    Gene

Glad to hear the show was fun!

Mike