Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Broadband PBS's are go

Thumbs up

Sir Simon -

DSLI is down for 4, plz... advise when $$ needs-to drop to ya....

cheers..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

4 please

thanks

Is there limit or can I wait for the performance test?

I'm in for four (4) please.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SrS View Post
    Is there limit or can I wait for the performance test?
    You can wait, it's all provisional at this stage and the order will not go in until after the Krazer has had a chance to make public his findings and everyone is happy

Put me in for 2-4 depending on Krazers tests.

Frank

I'll take two please. No use for them now but it's nice to have stock when you need it! The prisms were beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post
    Hi people, I am about to make a suggestion that might get people a little pissed off.

I suggest we PAY 10% MORE !!!!!

Wooah there ...... I do have reasons to back up this seemingly stoooopid idea !!!

Admin has REAL hassles right now !

1) One easy way to help, would be to realize that we can not have GB's without this forum!

2) No Admin = No PL (as we know it).

3) Everyone on a GB can automatically quantify how much that particular GB means in terms of $, €, Yen or whatever.

4) GB's are based on mutual trust, and despite this/or maybe DUE to this, they work.

5) Isolated cash inputs will NOT really help Admin, only long term constantly dripping inputs will have any effect. (Subscriptions which require commitment)

6) We have the opportunity to start a "custom" in which GBs can "traditionally" (from now on) include a "tythe" for Admin which can be entirely optional for the GB organizer (hence no decision problem) but CAN be publicly stated when the GB is born.

7) 1+2+3+4+5+6 = ??? = possible partial solution for Admin and the future of PL.

I have to admit I am relatively new here and for personal insecurity issues I have not yet "subscribed" to PL.
    I do however try to give as much help as I receive whenever possible and that to me make it feel very much like home!

How about it Simon ?

Can we make this a TGB (Tythe GB), and risk a few dropouts!

I really like the idea of extra tea with my GB.

Nuff said

Cheers

How about it Simon ?

Cheers

Put me in for two, please.

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post
    How about it Simon ?

Cheers
    I’m totally behind any attempt to help out our hard working janitor but really don’t think it’s my call to apply a 10% levy on everyone in this GB, asking to start that here really puts me between a rock and a hard place TBH.

I have been thinking about what you said and it’s not as straightforward as it would seem, there are some obvious and some not so obvious issues, the first one being that some people will already be helping out and may not appreciate being forced into helping more, doing so could bring about negative side effects - and I don’t just mean dropping out of the GB. My opinion is that if future GB’s are to have a 10% levy then it needs to be discussed and decided by the community, perhaps you would like to get that new thread off the ground?

What I can and will do here is try to see if I can get a better price from the manufacturer for this PBS order as with another run of prisms it will be quite large as a whole, any difference will be passed on to the man behind the curtain.

..and of course encourage anyone that benefits from a GB to try and help grease the wheels of PL by subscription and/or regular donation. It would be much appreciated I'm sure.