Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Broadband PBS's are go

I am keen for 2 or 4, dependent on the test results.

Cheers.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by p1t8ull View Post
    I’m totally behind any attempt to help out our hard working janitor but ....My opinion is that if future GB’s are to have a 10% levy then it needs to be discussed and decided by the community, perhaps you would like to get that new thread off the ground? What I can and will do here is try to see if I can get a better price from the manufacturer for this PBS order as with another run of prisms it will be quite large as a whole, any difference will be passed on to the man behind the curtain.
    ..and of course encourage anyone that benefits from a GB to try and help grease the wheels of PL by subscription and/or regular donation. It would be much appreciated I'm sure.
    Fair enough Simon that sounds like a great move.

I certainly don't want to pressure you personally, and I can quite see your reasoning, it just seemed like a good method of starting a "tradition", since this GB kicked off just when I discovered that the brown stuff was hitting the fan for Spec.

Meanwhile I will try starting a new thread as you suggest.

If anyone knows how to set up the "poll" thing and has the time please jump in.

I hope no one gets upset if I post it into the GB section, I suppose it's just a question of "suck it and see".

Cheers

Okay.. a quick update on these PBS cubes;

Krazer is in the process of testing the sample I sent him and has reported back that from initial testing these seem to be performing at least as well as my crude test figures and possibly better More details to follow when he's finished work, and I would like to extend a public 'thank you' to him for getting involved, good sport

The manufacturer started cutting the glass yesterday for 200 PBS's and some more prisms, I'm waiting on an ETA and negotiating with them to work out a better deal on pricing so our hard working janitorial dept can procure a new 2010 model cyber mop and 64bit bucket.

I have assumed those that put their hands up for "2 or 4" will go for the "4" on the basis they perform ok (please let me know if this is not the case) so we have 182 PBS allocated out of 200, so there's 18 available, first come first served.
    If demand exceeds 200 quickly I may be able to increase the qty..

I'll send out the payment info next week in batches, so hold tight

Quote Originally Posted by p1t8ull View Post
    Okay.. a quick update on these PBS cubes;

Krazer is in the process of testing the sample I sent him and has reported back that from initial testing these seem to be performing at least as well as my crude test figures and possibly better More details to follow when he's finished work, and I would like to extend a public 'thank you' to him for getting involved, good sport

The manufacturer started cutting the glass yesterday for 200 PBS's and some more prisms, I'm waiting on an ETA and negotiating with them to work out a better deal on pricing so our hard working janitorial dept can procure a new 2010 model cyber mop and 64bit bucket.

I have assumed those that put their hands up for "2 or 4" will go for the "4" on the basis they perform ok (please let me know if this is not the case) so we have 182 PBS allocated out of 200, so there's 18 available, first come first served.
    If demand exceeds 200 quickly I may be able to increase the qty..

I'll send out the payment info next week in batches, so hold tight
    I'd like another one, for a total of 2.

Thanks
    John
    leading in trailing technology

Default PBS

Hello Simon,

I take then 10 instead of 6 pieces.

ahh a limit
    ok, I take 3 please.

I take 16 now

Werner