Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Personal: A curren state of affairs.

Sorry to hear of this Spec.

I've been long term unemployed through sickness and know just how dificult it can be to make ends meet. Luckily I live with my mother and her pensions, as small as they are, pay most of the bills with my small amount of money making up the difference.

I know 1st hand how lucky I am to have family that cares and that can help to pay the bills, and feel for you being in a different situation.

I can't really help out financially but just wanted to let you know you have my moral support.

FWIW - I do my best to support your baby, and will continue to do so.

OFFER - I have two PBS kits that I would like to donate to the fund raising effort. I will offer two dual PBS beam combiner kits (excluding PBS Cube and Flexmod) I have these in stock and will ship to two kind souls who will send spec. $150.00 each. Send me a PM saying you pay palled spec and your kit will be mailed monday 9-20-10

Hang in there Rob, it is always darkest before the dawn. I apologize that i can not send cash directly but for the first two people who do i will show my appreciation by sending you a kit.

EDIT - ONE KIT STILL AVAILABLE

EDIT- Second Kit is gone

DOH!!! Three orders came in at the same time...So i guess IM shipping out 3 kits

Offer is closed for now. Sorry to those late comers may do another promotion when i can.

pat b
    Last edited by Laserman532; 09-16-2010 at 11:56.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Hang in there Admin -
    and thank you so VERY much for your work in making this site - and community - possible!!!

Come on, fellow PL'ers -

We need to see a LOT more brightly colored names in the "Currently Active Users" list!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Default I share the pain!

@ spec, I am adopted as well, and have been used and abused as well, I felt alone most of my life, until my wife witch I have no idea how I won the lottory to have her in my life. If it was not for her, I would have been the guy on the road, note on a peace of cardboard, "WILL WORK FOR FOOD" I will help suport my PL famiely and that includes "DAD" you!

@ PL members, Can we all figure out a way to provide a sorce of income to keep this board alive and in SPECS hands? Those of us that buy and sell on this forum, give a prcentage of what we sell and what we buy using the "Buy sell and trade" thread, Like maybe 10% (just a starter figure) and or a monthly amount to be a member on PL? how about a regstration fee that PL gets for every peson that registers and pays for a PL posted event to attend?
    We should form a group for PL to exsplore and resolve this crisses quickly and permanetly!
    We all love Spec and what he has done for us, Lets show and prove to him he is not alone and has a famiely thats real and that gives back! Take a look at it this way how important is PHOTONLEXICON to you?
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

Quote Originally Posted by -=Jim=- View Post
    I think the personal side of this problem is horrible to read but I’ll bet it was much harder to type.

Come on guys/girls if we could just get 50% of the 3,136 users on PL to fork over a measly $10 a month the financial burden would be lifted. I know everyone is strapped for cash but that’s about the cost of one fast food lunch a month.

Jim
    Well said Jim--I'm in. PP sent.

There is (or was) a subscription button at the top of the forum main page.. I just used it myself about an hour ago, and now I can't see it anymore.. don't know if it just goes away after you donate or what...

Anyway.. PRESS THAT BUTTON!!!

Sorry to hear this Spec, this place has been great and it is a shame that it has to come down to this before I subscribe. Wish you the best - no matter how much sh*t you have to dig through: keep faith in you and what is good!

well I emailed spec offering to host PL for free (those of you who know what I do know I have access to servers )

but obviously the guy needs some $$$ for real life (remember that guys?)

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post

OFFER - I have two PBS kits that I would like to donate to the fund raising effort. I will offer two dual PBS beam combiner kits (excluding PBS Cube and Flexmod) I have these in stock and will ship to two kind souls who will send spec. $150.00 each. Send me a PM saying you pay palled spec and your kit will be mailed monday 9-20-10

Hang in there Rob, it is always darkest before the dawn. I apologize that i can not send cash directly but for the first two people who do i will show my appreciation by sending you a kit.
    ah ive been on the fence about those too long... been trying to save money to buy a pair but at that price cant pass it up.. sent you a pm
    Last edited by flecom; 09-16-2010 at 11:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post

EDIT - ONE KIT STILL AVAILABLE
    PM SENT 15 chars

poor laserman, I don't think he knew what he was starting lol