Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Personal: A curren state of affairs.

So sorry to hear about this
    I was thinking that you could add a post for typing in your own amount to the subscription so that you may help further more if you want to and are able to?
    This may help you with more fundings for running and maintenance and maybe even leave you with some extra pennies for the amazing effort bringing this site to life and keeping it open.
    I have never been on any other forum as great as this one with all you nice people and the incredible knowledge.
    I am as many others in a dark spot with the economy right now but I will do what I can with the subscription!
    I'm pretty sure everything will get sorted out for you, I wish you the best of luck!

Default The greatest respect brother.

Hi Spec,

I'm dearly sorry to hear of your situation.

Firstly, I'd like to commend you on your courage for writing this message. I know this can be the hardest thing to do. We try our best to keep pushing through but every day we keep it to ourselves it saps more and more energy. Like driving around with the hand break on.

I can truly say you have helped change my life.

Like many of us I have been struggling to find my way for many years. I know I have good things to offer the world but it has been hard to find a way to manifest my talents and find a way to make a worthwhile contribution to the system.

About a year ago a friend inspired me to re-visit my long lost dream of doing performance art incorporating lasers and hi tech effects to entertain and inspire people. I started searching to see the current state of lasers and I found PL.....

WOW! "look at all this exciting tech head stuff and all these guys and girls talking and helping each other with in depth laser issues!!"

I'm not alone anymore!

Man this is a great family!

PL has accelerated my personal growth and helped me see possibilities for an exciting and fulfilling future.

Thank you for this spec

Now that we know, we can help.

Take a load off brother.

Incoming PM

Kit

Exclamation

Sir Super -

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    ...Money, a job...
    Dang, Cap'n, I feel your pain... we gotta talk - I'm drowning in werk... any chance you would consider a move to SoCal? ...'Different set of problems', vs 'a solution',
    I understand, but, please call me when you can... let's chat... maybe we can find some sort of fit with each of our puzzle pieces (?)...

Meantime, Hang in there....You're worth fightin' for, Buddy, even w/o PL...
    Talk to ya soon...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Rob - when we met at SELEM I could see that you were gifted, generous, and had a great heart. I like you. I don't like that you are experiencing so much pain. While I can't know exactly how you are feeling, I have hit some bottoms in my life. The best advice I ever got was to use the pain as energy to catalyze change. If you don't then it's opportunity lost and things will likely stay the same.

Come visit us out West! If not to move then just to check it out. The human mind reflects it's environment and the environment is good out here. Portland, LA, Seattle, and San Francisco are all great places to live. If I were moving today I would choose Portland. It has a young vibe, healthy, filled with techies and artists and nice people. It's still affordable and there are jobs to be had. LA and Seattle are both great too. I haven't lived in LA in 15 years so I don't know what it's like now but i had a good time when i was there. Seattle has a lot to offer but it's getting expensive, not San Francisco expensive though. I love San Fran too but it's too crowded for my tastes.
    Will send you a more personal note soon.
    Take care man,
    Mike

anybody heard anything from him? his last post was the day he made the OP in this thread...?

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    anybody heard anything from him? his last post was the day he made the OP in this thread...?
    He is often in IRC been a couple days since i have chatted with him, but you can usually catch up with him there.
    leading in trailing technology

ah ok, if you run into him ask him if he got my email

If you can hang on for a while i have 20 modules that i,m going to sell in the next few weeks. As soon as i sold my first blue 1watt module i will fund the money to you. Photonlexicon gave me tons of information to develop my own modules. Within a few months i have those and i,m glad that i can do something back
    Maybe i will make sale as an auction or stick it on ebay. Just hang on for a few week so that i have my modules ready for sale.

Spec, clean your resume up and send it to me. We're hiring right now.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic View Post
    Spec, clean your resume up and send it to me. We're hiring right now.
    Good looking out. If your in California come on down south in January. We are having a SOCALEM. Come on down as well Spec. It would be good to meet you in person. Yadda will be their.