Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Personal: A curren state of affairs.

Because I really want to persuade someone to drive 500 miles to hang out with nerds

Smile

Sometimes hanging out with nerds is good for the soul, Heroic. You saw above where he mentioned that SELEM was the first time he'd been out of the house in forever. And he had a great time. Just because we're nerds doesn't mean we're not social.

Plus, hanging out with nerds is a great way to network. You never know when someone might be in need of a network admin. Spec could use a little charity right now, but landing a job would be a huge plus for him - even if he had to relocate 500 miles (or 2500 miles, for that matter).

Personally, I think a change of scenery would do the man some good. Get away from everything and all that. And SOCAL is about the best location you could hope for if you're looking to lift your spirits...

Adam

I was merely trying to explain how difficult it would be to persuade my colleagues in lasering to go for such a trip.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Sometimes hanging out with nerds is good for the soul, Heroic. You saw above where he mentioned that SELEM was the first time he'd been out of the house in forever. And he had a great time. Just because we're nerds doesn't mean we're not social.

Plus, hanging out with nerds is a great way to network. You never know when someone might be in need of a network admin. Spec could use a little charity right now, but landing a job would be a huge plus for him - even if he had to relocate 500 miles (or 2500 miles, for that matter).

Personally, I think a change of scenery would do the man some good. Get away from everything and all that. And SOCAL is about the best location you could hope for if you're looking to lift your spirits...

Adam
    You hit it right on the head Buffo. Heroic my invite was mainly geared for Spec. There are some members here that know Spec from 05 and they will be out here for our SOCALEM event. It might, as Buffo suggested help the man clear his head and take a break. I figured if he got a job out here on the west coast he might want to drive down. As far as I am concerned we can't afford you.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic View Post
    I was merely trying to explain how difficult it would be to persuade my colleagues in lasering to go for such a trip.
    But, they would have no problem going to a meet on the East Coast except for Burning Man??

Personally, I would prefer to hang out with a bunch of nerds anyday, and maybe Heroic shouldn't speak for other laserists in her area, community or workplace. I hope Spec can go-I hope he enjoys the get away and is able to exhale after all the stress he has been through.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    But, they would have no problem going to a meet on the East Coast except for Burning Man??
    Oddly, this is exactly the situation I find myself in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserchik View Post
    Personally, I would prefer to hang out with a bunch of nerds anyday,
    As would I, but I invite you to try persuading the other three members of my crew that going anywhere near LA is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic View Post
    . . .try persuading the other three members of my crew that going anywhere near LA is a good idea.
    Now it sounds like you're in a laser gang and you have bad blood with some other laser gang that has staked claim to the LA area.

/totally had to

-Jonathan

Instead of Crips and Bloods, we have Gassers and Solids.
    I'm a member of the Solids. Yeeeeaaaaaa that what I'm talkin bout.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    Instead of Crips and Bloods, we have Gassers and Solids.
    That sounds wrong in so many ways.