Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting ready fro new RGB build

Default Getting ready fro new RGB build

Hi guys,

I am getting ready for a new RGB build. Currently on order (or have already):
    -Projector case
    -Scanners DT25
    -LW 500mw 532nm laser
    -Lasever 200mw 472nm
    -445nm laser diode with flexmod
    -Dichros and mounts
    -Shutter

I am hoping to PBS the 473 and 445 like flecom did in his projector.
    My question is what red could I get away with for the best price? For beam matching could I use more 650nm/660nm (1W+) or should I go for better beam 640nm? How much 640nm would I need, 500mW?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by neutrino View Post
    How much 640nm would I need, 500mW?
    In my experience, at least double the amount of green, so about 1W of 640nm. You would need about 4W+ of 650/660nm to match your green.

Wow, that much. Its going to cost me an arm and a leg!!
    Better start saving

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    In my experience, at least double the amount of green, so about 1W of 640nm. You would need about 4W+ of 650/660nm to match your green.
    Not sure I agree here.. personally I put ZERO stock in the numbers when it comes to speculating on visibility. In my own real-world experience, it only takes maybe 1.5-2X more 650-660nm red than 638-640nm to be as visible against green, not 4X as much.. so for the effect of 1W of 640nm you'd need 1.5-2W of 650-660nm.. this is based on my own experimentation using my eyeballs, though.. Sorry but since numbers can't see, I don't trust their take on things here..
    Last edited by ElektroFreak; 09-16-2010 at 19:04. Reason: incomplete idea

Default Tracking thread

Just posting to keep track of this thread, I to am whanting to color match for a toltal of 5 watts RGB using 523nm.445nm and 640nm modules.?????????
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

I just built a 5W RGB with

2.5W/640
    1W/532
    1.5W/445

And this was a beautiful "Arctic" White! About one of the nicest whites i've seen.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

That looks like a pretty sweet balance. You could probably even go with a little more green

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    I just built a 5W RGB with

2.5W/640
    1W/532
    1.5W/445

And this was a beautiful "Arctic" White! About one of the nicest whites i've seen.

-Marc
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

You could probably even go with a little more green
    I think the same. it was weird, i actually started the project with about 750mW/532. I was using the mentaility of the 473 blue vs. green scenario. usually much more blue with green. Man was i wrong. this 445 seems to break all the rules. its a lower wavelength, so you would think more. yeah, not so much. lol.

Where it is now looks damn near perfect and the client LOVES it. So, im happy. Im really thinking (and i believe it was said by someone before) that 1:1 with B and G is going to be pretty spot on for balance.

Chroma and mathematical equations may not agree. But Mr. Chroma and Mr. Mathematical equation arent paying for my projectors and watching my shows!! People are.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Chroma and mathematical equations may not agree. But Mr. Chroma and Mr. Mathematical equation arent paying for my projectors and watching my shows!! People are.

-Marc
    Absolutely!

I've actually always been able to make do with comparatively little green, especially with these 445s.. My ratio right now is 5:1.5:5 R:G:B using 650, 532, and 445nm. I could use a touch more green, but really everything looks good to my eyes so I haven't bothered trying to upgrade. With all lasers full on I get really bright solid white without a hint of yellow, but maybe a *slight* bluish tint. I reduce the blue to 85% for what I consider to be the best white..

Marc, you were actually the first to point out to me that "white balance" is both in the eye of the beholder and is largely lost on 99.9% of any public audience. That's not to say it's not important, it's just that the majority of audience members and clients just want bright beams..

I think the same. it was weird, i actually started the project with about 750mW/532. I was using the mentaility of the 473 blue vs. green scenario. usually much more blue with green. Man was i wrong. this 445 seems to break all the rules. its a lower wavelength, so you would think more. yeah, not so much. lol.
    Arctos uses .8 parts of blue to every 1 part of green, You could probably double the green and still have nice whites.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/