Thread: Now for something completely different

Laser Warning Now for something completely different

Well at first I was really sad at the death of my first lightsaber... Before it died, I noticed the power going down... so after realining it, it came up at 231mw... but then it started going down again, then nothing... So after opening it up I found out why.. the crystal had broke in half..... but the pump was still working So after messing with it I found that I could make a mean burner out of it it pumps form 1.2-1.5watts at 808, burns great!!
    But then I was like well this is nice but what eles can I do with it... So after pulling the OEM 10mw B&W apart,(it never worked right) and 2 days of alinment, I now have a 4mw 473 I think if I get another crystal set I can get more out of it. It needs 2 watts of IR to do the 10mw..
    I still think its cool!!!

DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Quote Originally Posted by djmatt View Post
    Well at first I was really sad at the death of my first lightsaber... Before it died, I noticed the power going down... so after realining it, it came up at 231mw... but then it started going down again, then nothing... So after opening it up I found out why.. the crystal had broke in half..... but the pump was still working So after messing with it I found that I could make a mean burner out of it it pumps form 1.2-1.5watts at 808, burns great!!
    But then I was like well this is nice but what eles can I do with it... So after pulling the OEM 10mw B&W apart,(it never worked right) and 2 days of alinment, I now have a 4mw 473 I think if I get another crystal set I can get more out of it. It needs 2 watts of IR to do the 10mw..
    I still think its cool!!!

DJ Matt
    Nice work

15char
    leading in trailing technology

Thumbs up

Nice! That's what it's all about.. you learn more from hands on experimentation like that than you do any other way really..

Lightbulb

You know better...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Talking

I can take a hint...lol Still have no idea were you find them at....
    DJ Matt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 026.jpg  

Picture 027.jpg  

Picture 028.jpg  

Arc Flash the wonderbolt