View Poll Results: How do you think the product and service quality of CNI laser

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • very satisfied

    1 4.35%
  • satisfied

    3 13.04%
  • good

    5 21.74%
  • bad

    7 30.43%
  • I'm a spamming numpty who posts in the wrong section of the forum.

    7 30.43%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: new released 5w 640nm lightning show laser

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Flying over a town near you
    Posts
    1,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alice Liu View Post
    Pls focus on the quality of CNI laser
    See what is going on here Mrs. Liu ? You can't sell a nice laser for two times the price of the competition and look for sales. If you have a nice 642nm laser for $450 and I can get a very similar laser for $300....I will buy the $300 laser if I know it is almost identical in features and quality. If CNI only wants to sell to big , bulk purchasing agents well that is fine. Just don't tease us....I for one am growing tired of being led on. It is one factor that will push customers away besides high prices. This, again , is just my personal opinion. It would be nice to purchase a CNI at a good , fair, and competitive price based on economic values of today.....not three years ago. This is why the smaller manu's will sell more lasers at a lesser price....and home-made lasers will increase because of the inflated prices. Point in fact....I can buy a DHOM red laser complete with warranty for about the same price as a diode alone from most all prices I have been sent. So why will I buy the DHOM? Very nice lasers at a very nice price......and I don'y have to build it...
    Bottom line is that if the prices were good and set fair to compete....I would purchase a couple now and then...
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toronto, ON, CANADA
    Posts
    57

    Default

    >Different application needs different specification. If you want to use in lab or industry, the specification is in strict demand.

    I can understand this. I've been a viasho dealer since the inception of the company. I value their quality immensely, for the most part - only realized after I made a mistake of providing the US Navy with some viasho lasers for a very mission critical application. I did this because it was a pilot project & they weren't willing to commit too much $ until the project got approved.
    Anyway, it didn't work out. I'm also a Laser Quantum dealer, and now only sell their expensive, but rock solid lasers for defense clients.

    So the point of all this, is that sometimes it is worth it to pay more, but for us lightshow nerds, cheaper is usually better. 8)

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    3,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alice Liu View Post
    Pls focus on the quality of the lasers.
    I am 99% certain that the KVant is going to be better than the CNI

    just by looking at it I can tell you its significantly smaller and has better beam specs (and I believe KVant's beam specs)

    you guys need to rethink your pricing

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,622

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    See what is going on here Mrs. Liu ? You can't sell a nice laser for two times the price of the competition and look for sales. If you have a nice 642nm laser for $450 and I can get a very similar laser for $300....I will buy the $300 laser if I know it is almost identical in features and quality. If CNI only wants to sell to big , bulk purchasing agents well that is fine. Just don't tease us....I for one am growing tired of being led on. It is one factor that will push customers away besides high prices. This, again , is just my personal opinion. It would be nice to purchase a CNI at a good , fair, and competitive price based on economic values of today.....not three years ago. This is why the smaller manu's will sell more lasers at a lesser price....and home-made lasers will increase because of the inflated prices. Point in fact....I can buy a DHOM red laser complete with warranty for about the same price as a diode alone from most all prices I have been sent. So why will I buy the DHOM? Very nice lasers at a very nice price......and I don'y have to build it...
    Bottom line is that if the prices were good and set fair to compete....I would purchase a couple now and then...
    Couldn't have said it any better myself. If CNI can't price competitively in small quantities, there are several newer companies making top-quality systems that ARE willing to do so. They will, therefore, take that share of the market from CNI.. and it sounds to me like CNI doesn't really care if they lose that business, otherwise they would price competitively. So be it. CNI lasers are great, I have a bunch of them and I like them, but I didn't buy them from CNI directly. Simply "focusing on the quality" of CNI lasers isn't an excuse for gouging. Laser-wave, Viasho and DHOM all have quality that I would consider to be just as good as CNI, only the generally price competitively. It's very possible for a company's "ego" to become inflated to the point where it costs customers.

    Quote Originally Posted by AudioVisualizers View Post

    So the point of all this, is that sometimes it is worth it to pay more, but for us lightshow nerds, cheaper is usually better. 8)
    For sure.. all that's necessary from a show laser is a fairly low-divergence laser beam that responds as linearly as possible to modulation signals. Whether it's SLM or pure TEM00 doesn't matter in the least, so there's not real need for overly complex cavities. Also, if I were touring I'd prefer to use lasers that aren't worth as much as a nice BMW, that way I don't want to kill someone if it gets damaged and I could afford to keep a few spares around.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    3,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    Simply "focusing on the quality" of CNI lasers isn't an excuse for gouging. Laser-wave, Viasho and DHOM all have quality that I would consider to be just as good as CNI, only the generally price competitively. It's very possible for a company's "ego" to become inflated to the point where it costs customers.
    thats the thing though, the CNI is almost 3x the price of the KVant and the KVant has BETTER specs... and personally I think KVant makes better lasers than CNI too... so it seems like they are just nuts?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    China
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Hi Guys if you don't like CNI lasers then just stop buying them, that is all!

    Or you don't like the people, you can also stop buying from them, and that is it!

    But please stop wording like "f**k" or something like that, it won't work to make anything better. I see people here are alway "high" whenever they are talking with/about Chinese supplier. I don't care who is Alice or but as a Chinese people I am sure that she does not understand your word 100% so your fantastic English poem does nothing but to make them more nervous. This is a bad loop. As I know most of the Chinese supplier are warm hearted and ready to help you out if you express yourself clearly. The last thing they want to see is their customer(especially overseas) are complaining and become even upset but they don't know why..

    you know when people talk to each other using questions, the conversation is more likely to be ruinned..

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    3,580

    Default

    has nothing to do with the chinese... I have ordered lots of stuff from china and never had an issue... bridge from laserwave for example makes great stuff and has fairly good customer service...

    problem is CNI announces a laser, talks about how great it is... yet it costs twice as much as a better laser?

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Wow, 5mm, 1.5mrad.. Not really that great compared to the European 642nm lasers...
    Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    has nothing to do with the chinese... I have ordered lots of stuff from china and never had an issue... bridge from laserwave for example makes great stuff and has fairly good customer service...

    problem is CNI announces a laser, talks about how great it is... yet it costs twice as much as a better laser?
    Thats the point Kvant 5W 642, 5mm beam but 0.8mrad for 7,172:

    http://www.synchrovision.co.uk/produ...vant-RLM-5000N

    Compared to CNI's 5mm but 1.5mrad.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Amsterdam, NL
    Posts
    2,098

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Thats the point Kvant 5W 642, 5mm beam but 0.8mrad for 7,172:

    http://www.synchrovision.co.uk/produ...vant-RLM-5000N

    Compared to CNI's 5mm but 1.5mrad.
    Kvant used to quote the HALF divergence of the lasers. This is also unfair advertising.

    So before you compare please check if you are comparing both lasers on FULL angle divergence!

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,701

    Default

    I didn't know that so maybe I have just been unfair to CNI.

    I don't think the angle is quoted on the Syncrovision site, so far as I can see it just quotes it as horizontal / vertical divergence.

    EDIT: I just checked on the main Kvant site, it is 1/2 angle so I guess the differences are in price and any difference in build quality: http://www.lasershow.sk/videa/picture/red1.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •