Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Sextuple red build

Yeah, It ads up when you build a 18 setup. Thats why i use plastic for prototypes. The problem is that to get reasonable prices for glass you need them to buy them in 1000 + quantaties. I,m now at the 100+ level and still the charge you a fortune. Lightpath has good lenses but they have prices that go beyond the roof

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    Yeah, It ads up when you build a 18 setup. Thats why i use plastic for prototypes. The problem is that to get reasonable prices for glass you need them to buy them in 1000 + quantaties. I,m now at the 100+ level and still the charge you a fortune. Lightpath has good lenses but they have prices that go beyond the roof

+1

ive had very good results with plastic and have got the stability issues under control
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Great that gives me hope then I have ordered the lenses that where suggested by Andy and i also ordered some other that give a reduction of 2.5. I have now enough lenses to make 15 different combinations to test. I wanted to have different combinations so i can match the telescope to the lenses that i will use. Thinking about trying some O-like reds or some other triple glass lenses that are dirt cheap with a Telescope.

The A-375 from rochester has a FL of 7.5 and i think its a very good candidate with a telescope. but more expencive

Quote Originally Posted by Zoof View Post
    that sounds like a very good reason to not use plastic lenses. You are the guys building these multi diode units so you probably know best and my observations are from the side line. With the diode block warming up I find it hard to imagine that the screw-in lens will not move the tiniest bit, unless glued in place.
    If you remove the ability to make adjustments, the system becomes useless. You can't rely on things to be perfect. Unless every part of the system is held to insanly high tolerances, including the laser diodes and how they are installed, then each setup will vary enough to cause you problems.

I have seen some blueprints for multi diode laser systems (not for projectors, but for scientific systems) and the tolerencing is too tight to have built for a reasonable cost.

personally i wouldnt glue anything, if you do your asking for trouble. plus it reminds me of a cheap chinese projector full of glue
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    personally i wouldnt glue anything, if you do your asking for trouble. plus it reminds me of a cheap chinese projector full of glue

For the most part glue sucks! Something is bound to go out of whack right before a show Then you have to break the glue joint I don't have to use glue on collimator lenses since I stopped using the aixiz barrels.

Cool glue

And if you dont glue your asking for trouble
    Long term, anything that can move like a lens will shift over time with expansion and contraction
    Just look in side s kvant laser glue on every thing
    And with good reason
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    And if you dont glue your asking for trouble
    Long term, anything that can move like a lens will shift over time with expansion and contraction
    Just look in side s kvant laser glue on every thing
    And with good reason
    disagree, ask mark about kvant - red and glue
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Default GLUE.... like women.

can't live with it, can't live without it

mark had issues with kavnt and glue, kev/rob has issues with rgb and screws and our pango holland friend mention arctos had loads of stability issues in the past.

so sadly no one is perfect and everyone has problem
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat