Thread: WTB: Small form-factor, 1/2W > 1W (Max) RGB beam-only rig...

Exclamation WTB: Small form-factor, 1/2W > 1W (Max) RGB beam-only rig...

Hey Kats...

Due to extreme, extreme work-load, looking to buy 1 (one) full RGB 'beam-only' rig, asap. I think the best way to 'spec' this is to break the req'd specs out by 'category':

Footprint: Total 'FP' must fit onto an ~ 8" W x 10" L base - of course, it is possible to 're-work' it, yes, but again - zero time to get that done - if I had the time to 'retool' / rebuild, I would simply build one from scratch and not post such a 'wtb'... only 'exception' might be, say, if someone had a 10" x 10" and the rig could stand to 'lose' 2" w/o having to completely re-layout, etc, might be able to work-out 'milling-off' that strip...

PSU / Electrical: All-such need to fit on or under (if a 'double-deck' design) w/in the 'footprint'... needs to be able to run off 110V AC (no 220V-only designs, pleze..)

Wavelengths: Preferred will-be R: 650nm or less; G: 532 (duh.. B: 473, 457 are OK, 445 is also 'ok', if there is LOTS of it (1/2W or more); no 405nm, thanx...

Beam-specs: This app is for a 'lumia / fx box', ONLY - NO scanning, so the 'ultimate beam-spec' is not real-critical, here... in-fact, this might be a great-op for someone looking to 'dump', say, a 650 Red, in-favor of putting the sale-$$ towards a new 640, and/or someone looking to 'dump' a 473 of 457, in-favor of going 445 (with all its' benefits over dpss, lots o' watts for cheap, etc, etc...) - but I will-say that each should be *fairly* close - ie: not interested in a 457 and 532 with 'great' beam-specs, but a 635nm 'floodlight' - this will be going into a lumia-projector, not a lava-lamp...

Condition: 'Used', is-fine, since the 'budget' on this project is pretty 'low' - what some might consider, actually, fairly-high, since I'll have about what you could buy a 1W 'chinese' RGB, off eBay, for, and-that *with* galvos, dmx, etc, etc...

WHY am I simply not 'going that route'? #1, Don't want to buy a chinese-made all-in-one, #2, don't wanna deal with china-based overseas-shipping and customs-risks, with the time we have left to get this here and integrated into our fx projector, #3, don't wanna support *yet-another* illegal projector coming into this country, just so I can 'harvest' the RGB's out of it, and #4, Ultimately, I'd rather 'support the PL-family', and see the $$ go to things like, someone, here 'upgrading' their rig to direct-injection diodes vs dpss, etc... and, even - hey...here's an idea: be-able to give-some $$ back to PL, via subscription, donation, etc, etc (...a Chi-Co. won't likely send any $$ to Spec... )

...On the other hand, not really interested in something with 950,000,000 hrs on each laser, and all held-together with duct-tape and dental-floss... ...the rig has got to work, work-well, and last thru two very, very, very creatively-important shows we have, coming up in Oct... after that, it can $#yte the bed, I won't really 'care'.... (but I'll certainly be very-happy if it keeps going, and going, and going...

Convergence and Color controls: Convergenceability: ...mmmeeah, well, certainly, don't need to be 'Thorlabs' or 'Newport-caliber' ..again, this is not for scanning, but I will need to have each 'convergeable-enough' to be able to send the 'white' beam down a beam-rail, and fit (90% of it or better) on a 5mm x 7mm GM20 pickoff mirror, to go up-into each fx turret-port (...forgot to mention - this is a DMX-controlled 4-port lumia / fx-projector...) - so, they prolly will need to be something 'adjustable', ie: even 'cheap' MM-2s, etc and not just 'L-brackets' with dichros glued-on....

Color-control: Ideally, these will have analog drivers, so I can 'mix' a bit better, but TTL will also be fine, if it means keeping the cost-down....

Certification / Safety-controls, etc: No worries, this will be integrated into a Certified-projector, so your lasers will simply be-considered an 'OEM-source' - however, IF you already have something like, an IEC-receptacle, keysw, integrated... well, Bonus... but not a 'requirement'... And, I also don't want a 'pile of spaghetti' to show-up (...not referring to your fine-software, Mr Yayas...

Price: ...Well, I thought about this, and, initially, was going to post exactly what we have to 'work with', budget-wise... but I've decided to *not* post it, and, instead, simply have any 'interested sellers' post pix and specs of their prospective rigs FS, in this thread, and we can PM on desired asking-price, etc... Then, in the end, I will choose a 'winner', and if there is a 'difference' in what the desired and/or PM-negotiated sale-price ends-up being, I Pledge to give that 'difference' directly to our Beloved Janitor...
    Does this sound too whacked-out / @$$holioish? ...lemme know yer thoughts...

Standing-by...
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 09-18-2010 at 22:44.
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Does this sound too whacked-out / @$$holioish?
    No, Not at all...

I'll start....

12X12X6 inches

270mW@473nm
    320mW@ 532nm
    500mW@ 658nm

700mW white Balanced output

DT40PRO's

DZ CCB and Breakout board

GM20 shutter

5V @ 22A PS (plenty of current for upgrades)

Digital temp control

$6000.00

Not cheap but ready to rock!

I'll even include a large Pelican type case for shipping/transport. Oh, and that bottle of Patron I totally forgot about at SELEM.

Good luck in your search my friend!

Here,s mine:

Complete anodisized (different colors other then black can be chosen)
    10mm baseplate for rock solid.
    Splitlevel design. Lasers and optics are seperated so no dust and dirt into your mirrors and optics.
    Scanners: Dt40 wide
    Powersupply 5v/20amps Traco

Ilda in and out
    x and y swap
    scanfail
    EN60825-1 complient
    remote interlock

532nm/500mw cni or laserwave
    640nm/550mw RGB lasersystems
    445nm/ 500mw or 1watt blue BrightLight laser Equipment

Optional is an multibus controller by riya or Fiesta dac intern so you can run a 100 meter ethernet cable

Final price dependable on powers and extra features.

If interested send me a PM

Ps the picture from the electronic section is just to show how the drivers are seperated by a tray from the other electronic parts. The tray is not used for signal wires that can interfear with the powersupply leads.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1080533.JPG  

P1080526.JPG  

P1080513.JPG  

P1080367..JPG  

P1080341.JPG  

Last edited by edison; 09-19-2010 at 08:44.

I could build something pretty quickly? whats your time frame?

Edison and Evil - (... hey, that'd be a great band name!

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    Here,s mine:
    Both, very nice designs..... and both, disqualified (...don't need any scanning or support for it, 'member? ...this is simply an RGB-source to-be shot into a 4-port lumia / fx rail...

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    ...Oh, and that bottle of Patron I totally forgot about at SELEM.
    Now that, I'll take!

tanks anywayz...
    ---

Yo, Fle...

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    I could build something pretty quickly? whats your time frame?
    Well, the first show is in NY on 10/6, and I'd need some time to integrate the RGB into the rail, here, before-hand... shouldn't be too time-intensive, cause it will just be some simple mounting and color-control integration, etc... but, we roll-out of here, for a show in WI on the 30th.. so, ideally, the rig would get here, in Cali, by say, the 24th - 27th, latest... (!) I know, I know...

...If this is too 'tight', I could have the RGB-unit shipped to our Roch, NY shop by, say, the 3rd, and we'd have the 4th and 5th to do the integration, there...

BTW, this will be for a *rather famous* artist's new album-release party / show, so I'd be happy to put the winners' name in the 'credits' as-part of the supporting-crew... Certainly not fishing for 'discounts' based-on the fact that this is for someone "famous" (and really dang Cool... but when I announce (soon as the gig is 100% booked (!) gotta love these last-minute 'we-need-a-miracle' shows... the 'artist', I am sure folks will be like 'Please, please, can it be MY laser that is part of this??!!! I know I'd sure have my hand-raised, for this one....

Keep 'em comin.... I *really* don't wanna end-up having to 'go PROC' for this!! cool? cool..
    thx
    j

your a closet justin bieber fan i KNEW it!!!!

lemme see what i got laying around here and what i could whip up. gimme a call tomorow if you want. Not promising anything, but may be able to do something.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Default I got what you need...

What total cost do you want to spend. I will build for penny's over my cost, and I get GREAT deals. I can make your deadline also. let em know asap... Rick
    (206)200-2202

Slick Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by slicklasers View Post
    What total cost do you want to spend. I will build for penny's over my cost, and I get GREAT deals. I can make your deadline also. let em know asap... Rick
    (206)200-2202

Slick Lasers

do what this guy says!

Quote Originally Posted by DjHeadie View Post
    do what this guy says!
    ...Yes, Mr. Montana!... right away Sir!

We spoke and he's on a 'back-up' plan for me.. I think Sir Chad has got my back, on this one, but thanks for the respond and offer... ya never know..

peas...
    j