Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ILDA cruise summary

Hey Adam,

Thanks much for your kind words and enthusiasm, and it was a pleasure to meet you the other week! The ILDA Cruise was quite a lot of fun for us, and we are glad to finally be able to share what we've been working on for the past few years. It's nice to be around folks who can appreciate the art from both a show standpoint as well as a 'behind the scenes' technical standpoint.

As Chuck mentioned in one of his previous posts we are heavily focused on getting a lot more information posted on DigiSynth.com right now - there's a lot of cool tutorial videos, screen-shots, pictures, and more which we simply haven't had time to put up yet. There's a lot of neat stuff we didn't even have time to get in to demoing at ILDA, so keep your eyes peeled. We have posted a few of the award-winning ILDA entries up on our YouTube account as well, for those who may be interested:

http://www.youtube.com/user/DigiSynthLaser

Chuck and I are certainly both very much looking forward to attending SELEM next year! We'd be happy to bring along a bunch of show material, toys, door prizes, and more!

-- M

The Digisynth stuff sounds really cool. I like the synthesized type shows a lot more than the modern graphics shows. I'm glad to see someone is bringing sexy back.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mpolak View Post
    It's nice to be around folks who can appreciate the art from both a show standpoint as well as a 'behind the scenes' technical standpoint.
    Well, rest assured that you are in the right place for that sort of appreciation! We live for that sort of stuff! Glad to see you here on the forums, Matt.
    As Chuck mentioned in one of his previous posts we are heavily focused on getting a lot more information posted on DigiSynth.com right now - there's a lot of cool tutorial videos, screen-shots, pictures, and more which we simply haven't had time to put up yet.
    Looking forward to seeing more pics, and especially some more video, of what DigiSynth is capable of doing.
    Chuck and I are certainly both very much looking forward to attending SELEM next year! We'd be happy to bring along a bunch of show material, toys, door prizes, and more!
    You're on, pal! I'll add you to the list right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    The Digisynth stuff sounds really cool. I like the synthesized type shows a lot more than the modern graphics shows. I'm glad to see someone is bringing sexy back.
    Well put, Gary. DigiSynth is definitely sexy. Some of the masked abstracts just blew me away... You've got to see it in person to believe it. Oh, and the "Finger Paint" patch is totally cool. We have to see if we can get Matt to post a youtube video of that one.

It should be a real treat to see this on a large screen at SELEM next year.

Adam

looks like DigiSynth is using a regular audio interface to go to an adat to go to the laser...

I wonder if you could just skip all that and use a soundcard dac?

would be a hell of a lot cheaper to make a $100 sound card dac than buying something with a lightpipe interface and a lightpipe>ILDA device

Cross-posting the reply to this part of the thread over here: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ight=digisynth

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    looks like DigiSynth is using a regular audio interface to go to an adat to go to the laser...

I wonder if you could just skip all that and use a soundcard dac?

would be a hell of a lot cheaper to make a $100 sound card dac than buying something with a lightpipe interface and a lightpipe>ILDA device

Default magic flowing forth from my projector

Hey Chuck/Matt

I wanted to formally thank both of them for letting me beta Digisynth over the last few years. It is the most amazing and flexible system I've ever used. Chuck you should post the radio tower! That's right he patched an actual object in the form of a radio tower from scratch in digisynth. I have come to believe that there is a little wizard in the computer casting spells as the images leave the computer. If you can't patch something in five minutes that makes you stare in awe for an hour, you just didn't try. Seriously you gotta try this out. It will blow your mind and you'll get the best customer service in the entire industry. BTW: I've been using a transcoder for some time now and it is also just as incredible. It is worth every cent. You can do gain and offset right on the screen, geometric correction, swapping color lines around, record and playback from and to an HD24, it even has audio gain. To ice it, you have an application that lets you change everything via the computer screen and save presets. All this fits in a single rack slot. There is plenty more. All I can say is I could not get along with out it and thanks to both of you. I watched you both as you built this thing and it definitely has all the love and struggle you put into it pouring on the screen everytime you see it run.

Ha! Awesome. You are quite welcome. It has been fun for sure, and yes I need to post a lot more pics than I have currently! Lots to do, people to get back to, trying to keep up, the extra week away after the ILDA cruise may have been a bad idea! Today I yearned for Grand Turk once again.

The radio tower was cool, but so was the gourmet olive!

-chuck

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    Hey Chuck/Matt

I wanted to formally thank both of them for letting me beta Digisynth over the last few years. It is the most amazing and flexible system I've ever used. Chuck you should post the radio tower! That's right he patched an actual object in the form of a radio tower from scratch in digisynth. I have come to believe that there is a little wizard in the computer casting spells as the images leave the computer. If you can't patch something in five minutes that makes you stare in awe for an hour, you just didn't try. Seriously you gotta try this out. It will blow your mind and you'll get the best customer service in the entire industry. BTW: I've been using a transcoder for some time now and it is also just as incredible. It is worth every cent. You can do gain and offset right on the screen, geometric correction, swapping color lines around, record and playback from and to an HD24, it even has audio gain. To ice it, you have an application that lets you change everything via the computer screen and save presets. All this fits in a single rack slot. There is plenty more. All I can say is I could not get along with out it and thanks to both of you. I watched you both as you built this thing and it definitely has all the love and struggle you put into it pouring on the screen everytime you see it run.