Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Introducing myself

I have already PMed Gary for info, older versions are not hosted nor supported by him so he cannot help me out there.

Meanwhile I am trying some Heathcliff laser software, see thread newly created in "Programming..." section.

About LEMs, well, at some point in future it could be possible. But now as it is, college and all, I don't think it is going to happen anytime soon. I am looking forward to it though.

Thanks for everything so far - you've been great to me.
    "The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
    -Walter Bagehot

Red face ooopppsss

@ Eudaimonium, Yes I was Joking about the hand helds and laser pointer thing, Adam (buffo) is one of the greatest seniors hear on the forum He will never stear you wrong and he will tell you like it is!

@ buffo, "As for the subscription thing, I'm actually surprised Emory asked you. It's easy to tell if someone has subscribed or not. Their name turns bright blue in the message window. So there's no need to ask - it's obvious. Also, there's no requirement to subscribe."
    I did not know that about the blue thing only just found out about that after I subscribed, and I apologize for my Ignorance to both of you, It was not so obvious to me as the case shows, I should'nt be asking that to new members any way as they more than likely don't know either I also didn't know that the subscription was for Pl suport I was thinking it was for stuff like businesses and a like until the Admins post on the matter, so I am sorry guys, I can be pretty stupid at times and out of ignorence I can ask some questions people don't know how to take, It's by accident not by purpus.
    Emory
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

Quote Originally Posted by beamann View Post
    @ Eudaimonium, Yes I was Joking about the hand helds and laser pointer thing, Adam (buffo) is one of the greatest seniors hear on the forum He will never stear you wrong and he will tell you like it is!
    LULZ, it's all cool.

But, could somebody tell me how on Earth do Buffo's and Diachi's post count show as over 2 million?

At 100 posts per day you need to be a member for 57 and half years to reach that number, haha.
    -Walter Bagehot

Smile

Um, that's over two BILLION, not million! And yes, it's quite impossible.

It's an inside joke. A while back, my post count was closing in on around 7500 posts or so, so the admin decided to play a joke on me. He changed my post count to the largest possible number that can be represented by a 32-bit signed integer, which is 2,147,483,647. His thought was that the next time I posted, it would cause an overflow on the forum, and we'd all be treated to some funny message under my name where my post count should be.

Alas, the forum software was smarter than he thought. It simply rolled over to a 64-bit signed integer and kept on counting! So the joke backfired.

Then, to keep the joke going, he changed diachi's post count to be equal to my number plus one, so that Diachi would be ahead of me. But of course, that only lasted until I logged back on and posted some more. (I suffer from persistent verbal diarrhea, you see. My long-winded posts, and frequent posting history, are legend here on PL.)

So it's all a big joke. And really, post count is nothing but a number. There are many, *MANY* people here who are way smarter than I am, and most of them only have a few hundred posts. Also, there are some people with several thousand posts here who are still just learning the basics. So don't put too much weight into the post count. Remember, it's just a number.

Like LPF's "rep points", the post count here really has no true meaning. (Well, over on LPF it was more of a popularity contest, but that's even worse.) The fact is that neither number will tell you a thing about the substance of a person's post. For that, you have to read a few threads and make up your own mind.

And Emory, no harm no foul dude. I just included a friendly reminder in my post in case Eudaimonium wasn't sure of your intentions. But it's all good, pal.

Can I get a group hug here?

Adam

Adam requesting a group hug .. RUN !!!

I don't know why they even bothered with a 32bit signed integer, who is ever gonna make 100 posts per day for 52 years?!?! Say, how long have you been on this forum for, Adam?

Anyways, welcome to PL Eud, we really won't bash you to death if you talk about pointers (responsibly), well, we'll try not to make it hurt too much if someone decides to

BTW, I'd highly recommend DZ's DB25 breakout board. It makes wiring all your signals SO SO SO much easier. I think you can still get them from www.dzelaser.com

Haven't heard from DZ himself in a while though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonium View Post
    LULZ, it's all cool.

But, could somebody tell me how on Earth do Buffo's and Diachi's post count show as over 2 million?

At 100 posts per day you need to be a member for 57 and half years to reach that number, haha.
    Post count is a joke here, as it should be, or at least a simple descriptive. Unlike LPF where post count is the coin of the realm, with one chatterbox having >11,000 posts in about a year and a half. The very power trippin' putz I rail against and whose clique of worshipers will likely come to his defense. I did the math on him once and it was like 30 posts/day. Gimme a break! No drama there ......

Default Waves hello.

Euda, Welcome to a place that will give your bank account a big case of the runs!
    Will there be three phase!!!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    Haven't heard from DZ himself in a while though.
    DZ is alive and well, but very busy these days. Work has really picked up for him (lots of overtime), and he's still got a young family to take care of. He's around, but he's not posting as much as before due to time pressures.

Adam

Oh... 2,2 Billion, let me recalculate.

100 posts per day.
    602740 years

Haha, so you were above seven and half thousand posts - congratz, that takes a lot of time and effort ...

Or if you are a member for 4 years and 8 months like you, it takes 9099.3 posts per second to achieve 2.2 billion posts EDIT - Oops. My bad. 9099.3 posts Per minute. That is, 151 and half posts per second.

(I hope I did not make any senseless error here)

If each of those posts you made was alike those directed at me, my hat down to you, sir!

Very comprehensive, not one grammar error.

Things: Thanks for welcoming me, but your link is dead. Don't worry about it though, I seek to make as much stuff as I can, instead of buying it premade. Gives me more of a rewarding feeling when everything is completed. Makes me enjoy this hobby a lot more.

I've built my first 445nm handheld with DrLava's MicroBoost driver. It was barely any fun building it.

I've built my first 6x with my own homemade boost driver. That was fun!

I have no desires of stopping that trend now

Eidetic : At LPF you can simply click person's nickname and among other details it says exactly how much posts per day is the forementioned individual averaging.
    The individual with now 12k posts , well, I can say I do have respect for him. I would not call him a chatter box. I had one particular pleasent business with him and I would consider him fair and honest. (I'll be putting a stop here before I get flamed for defending LPF or something )

Vidal Wolf - well, it's been like that since I joined LPF , I don't think it'll be particulary any more money-demanding than before.

Nice meeting you all! (Nice smiley).
    Last edited by Eudaimonium; 09-23-2010 at 04:22.
    -Walter Bagehot

Quote Originally Posted by Eidetic View Post
    Post count is a joke here, as it should be, or at least a simple descriptive. Unlike LPF where post count is the coin of the realm, with one chatterbox having >11,000 posts in about a year and a half. The very power trippin' putz I rail against and whose clique of worshipers will likely come to his defense. I did the math on him once and it was like 30 posts/day. Gimme a break! No drama there ......
    Give it a Friggin' rest......

It seems you can't make a post without referring to your experience
    on LPF...

You're going to give yourself a Heart Attack Bob...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eek.gif 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.0 KB 
ID:	19822

There are many more important things in life... Like Lasers of all kinds
    that would be a lot less stressful for you... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beer.gif 
Views:	79 
Size:	947 Bytes 
ID:	19823

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions