Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Introducing myself

Default Introducing myself

Hello people of PL,

My name is Eudaimonium and I'm an addict.

Since I come from the LaserPointerForums , where I am known also as Eudaimonium,
    it's kind of hard for me to get used to a totally new environment, but I'll try. Everything is organised differently here...

Anyhow, it's been a bit more than 4 years IIRC, since my first laser diode lighted up on my desk at some point late in night time

I have since developed very severe addiction to lasers and I have built quite a few handhelds.

As I have recently saw a video of an epic lasershow, it was definetly time to give it a go.

I am very DIY oriented person and I have always avoided buying premade stuff when I could. Monetary restrains and stuff partially dictated that. Willing to learn the other part

I have purchased SpaceLas 20kpps galvos, making my own correction amp board and analog drivers, and a lot of stuff on the way.
    I'll most likely be posting about my progress about the scanner project both on this forum and on LPF to which I am pretty much still addicted to.

Hobbies aside, I am 18 years old, 1st year of college, living in Croatia.

Looking forward to meeting all you and have some more phun on the way!

Default WELCOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonium View Post
    Hello people of PL,

My name is Eudaimonium and I'm an addict.

Since I come from the LaserPointerForums , where I am known also as Eudaimonium,
    it's kind of hard for me to get used to a totally new environment, but I'll try. Everything is organised differently here...

Anyhow, it's been a bit more than 4 years IIRC, since my first laser diode lighted up on my desk at some point late in night time

I have since developed very severe addiction to lasers and I have built quite a few handhelds.

As I have recently saw a video of an epic lasershow, it was definetly time to give it a go.

I am very DIY oriented person and I have always avoided buying premade stuff when I could. Monetary restrains and stuff partially dictated that. Willing to learn the other part

I have purchased SpaceLas 20kpps galvos, making my own correction amp board and analog drivers, and a lot of stuff on the way.
    I'll most likely be posting about my progress about the scanner project both on this forum and on LPF to which I am pretty much still addicted to.

Hobbies aside, I am 18 years old, 1st year of college, living in Croatia.

Looking forward to meeting all you and have some more phun on the way!
    WELCOME Eduaimonium,
    Looking foward to your posts on your prodject. The words "HAND HELD" are pretty much a dirty word here on this forum, only do to the contravercy over the safety and responcebilites of HAND HELD units creating strickter laws on those of us that want to or due outdoor laser shows. for example "HR 5810" (111th) U.S. congress bill. You can GOOGLE this for your own reading.
    Glade to have you on board!
    Are you a subscribing member yet?
    What kind of laser modules do you have?
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

Thumbs up Hi Eudaimonium

Hi, I'm Eduardo and also and addict.
    I start almost 18 years ago, just like you and I still hook.
    Lasers make me travel...
    And want more always.

Quote Originally Posted by beamann View Post
    WELCOME Eduaimonium,
    Looking foward to your posts on your prodject. The words "HAND HELD" are pretty much a dirty word here on this forum, only do to the contravercy over the safety and responcebilites of HAND HELD units creating strickter laws on those of us that want to or due outdoor laser shows. for example "HR 5810" (111th) U.S. congress bill. You can GOOGLE this for your own reading.
    Glade to have you on board!
    Are you a subscribing member yet?
    What kind of laser modules do you have?
    Oh, ehh sorry for the profanity then, should I star out the words in the OP ?

Seeing more and more disturbing news about plane-laser related accidents, I do see your point. So basically lasershows and scanners are the only thing around here, eh ? Weird, I never though somebody would dislike the "simple" h*** h*** units like that ...

In any case, I do not exactly understand what do you mean by "subscribing" member.

I have aquired an Aixiz 50 mW green laser head from a member Diachi from LPF , IIRC He is also a member here.
    Module is claimed to do over 150 mW , though I do not intend to use more than 100 mW anyhow. It was briefly powered with 415 mA of juice... uhh, I mean, current :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P8270253.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	606.7 KB 
ID:	19699

Name:	P8270254.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	482.8 KB 
ID:	19700

I also have a A140 445nm LD that I will use as blue component of the scanner.

I have purchased a 15x15x15 mm PBS cube for combining two LCC red diode lasers for total red power of , hopefully, 400mW .
    So that's 100mW of 532nm,
    <800mW of 445nm (though, according to Chroma, only 80 mW is needed to equal 100mW of green to make white with ....)
    400mW of 650-660nm.

I am making my own correction amplifier , see my failed attempt here:

Name:	P9100297.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	272.9 KB 
ID:	19701

Toner actually survived 2 hours in acid. So did copper My etchant is apparently as strong as a vinegar or something. I have ordered a H2O2 35% 1L bottle from Ebay.

Okay so after so many orderings, I am pretty much sucked dry of all my munays.

Now I am waiting for O-like's dichros to arrive and my correction amp board to be made so I can start playing with some scanning, I am yet to order some heatsinks needed for blue and red modules.

Any ideas beside those :
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Cooling-Heatsink...item1c1458a261

?

I'd appreciate it .

Thanks for the warm welcome .

Default Hand Held

@ Eudaimonium,
    The hand held is basicaly a joke on PL, we all have them, laser pointers from 100mw 532 to 1 w 445nm, lab modules and the like, We all like the more power of the laser addiction. But mechen a hand held used in a unsafe manor and the flameming will be a commen. We do take laser safety very seriously here on the forum. as for the SUBSCRIBE.
    please take a look at the LOUNGE thread "personel curent state of afairs" by ADMIN.
    I am not a subscribing member yet either but will be in the next couple of days (the pay day thing) and I was just asking you out of curosity, I only found out recently that thair is a subscription button on the menu bar and what is for and why.
    This forum is the only one like it and has been an asset to me and my business and you'll won't find another like it any were on the web, I know, I have looked. The members are extremely help full and knoledgeable, were basicaly a team, So welcome to the team.
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

@ Eudaimonium,
    The hand held is basicaly a joke on PL, we all have them, laser pointers from 100mw 532 to 1 w 445nm.
    NO, Not really. There are quite a few members that don't have pointers >5mW, myself included. Some us choose to debate the purpose of pointers greater than class 2, some choose to keep quiet in the "great roll-off-the-table" debate. Either way, so long as responsibility is shown toward lasers in general--regardless of the form factor, all is good.

Welcome to The PL.

@ Eudaimonium,
    The hand held is basicaly a joke on PL, we all have them, laser pointers from 100mw 532 to 1 w 445nm, lab modules and the like, We all like the more power of the laser addiction. But mechen a hand held used in a unsafe manor and the flameming will be a commen. We do take laser safety very seriously here on the forum. as for the SUBSCRIBE.
    please take a look at the LOUNGE thread "personel curent state of afairs" by ADMIN.
    I am not a subscribing member yet either but will be in the next couple of days (the pay day thing) and I was just asking you out of curosity, I only found out recently that thair is a subscription button on the menu bar and what is for and why.
    This forum is the only one like it and has been an asset to me and my business and you'll won't find another like it any were on the web, I know, I have looked. The members are extremely help full and knoledgeable, were basicaly a team, So welcome to the team.
    Unfortunately ,as soon as you mentioned something about "paying" ... My face went all grim all of a sudden.

As explained earlier, I do not exactly have the ability to donate money to any cause (honestly I did not donate a single dollar to LPF too, because I simply cannot).

I do practise the safety of lasers whenever I use them and I'm trying to be the exact opposite of the guys who think pointing any laser at friends' eyes is fun ...

OK - thanks for the welcome, looking forward to getting to know all of you!
    (And make a beamshow or two... )

Quote Originally Posted by mophead View Post
    Either way, so long as responsibility is shown toward lasers in general--regardless of the form factor, all is good.
    Yes, I gather the origins of the phrase "Don't be an Allen" came from a form factor far larger than a hand-held! Not that I know the history, just what I've picked up here.

Welcome indeed

I'll extend my welcome too! You've entered a place where people actually do things with laser light. That's why we are a bit more serious about them here. It's more like a professional society than a high school club (like the shithole you mentioned in the OP). The old guys you'll find here (me included) might toss a little attitude your way, but you won't see a power tripper like Daguin baiting you into argument then banning you for disagreement. You also won't be frivolously banned for commenting on how things are run here. So again, welcome!

And despite my own bitchin' about WL and Class 3 & 4 pointers (or "hand held" lasers, whatever some marketing POS wants to call them), they're still lasers and I'm really happy you like them as much as I do. You don't need to pay to participate here, it's just not a profit machine and advertising vehicle owned by a geek interested in advertising profit (from post count) rather than lasers themselves (like the site you mentioned). There are plenty of places here for discussion about your lasers and interests with them, despite not being necessarily interested in scanning or laser shows. All Mothists are welcome here.

Hi Eud...
    welcome to to the Forum... Nice to see you here...

Just a heads up... don't talk about pointers/handheld Lasers here... they are
    like a disease here... Some members will attack you if you do....

There are even members here that came from LPF that still have a bad
    taste in their mouths after being banned due to their own actions...

Enjoy your stay... most of the Members here are great...

Jerry
    Last edited by lasersbee; 09-21-2010 at 13:41. Reason: Spelling Errors
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions