Thread: Laserman532-Dual PBS kit

Default Laserman532-Dual PBS kit

So Thursday 9/16 about 2pm I called Pat and he explains the quad and dual beam combining kits to me. Being new to adjusting mounts and all that, I decided to start with the dual PBS beam combining kit, which was in stock.

So I make the payment in Paypal about 2:30 or so before leaving a little expo with work. This was on Thursday and I was off Friday. I get to work today, Monday 9/20 and apparently the package arrived on Saturday 9/18!!! I have no idea how he got it here that quick to Michigan, but there it was.

The kit is awesome, as reviewed by 300Evil and a few other folks. The anodizing on the parts is great and it's exactly as the reviews describe.

I have one question though for anyone that cares to answer. There is one screw that is smaller than the others, that I don't know what to do with. I'm thinking it's to fasten the Driver to the base but figured I'd ask.

In summary, Pat took the time to answer my newbie questions and made some good suggestions. Once I sent the payment, he got the kit out to me quicker than I would have thought was possible. In my opinion, that is outstanding!

Howie

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

yes. most likely to bolt the flexmod driver to the board. a picture would help.

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    So Thursday 9/16 about 2pm I called Pat and he explains the quad and dual beam combining kits to me. Being new to adjusting mounts and all that, I decided to start with the dual PBS beam combining kit, which was in stock.

So I make the payment in Paypal about 2:30 or so before leaving a little expo with work. This was on Thursday and I was off Friday. I get to work today, Monday 9/20 and apparently the package arrived on Saturday 9/18!!! I have no idea how he got it here that quick to Michigan, but there it was.

The kit is awesome, as reviewed by 300Evil and a few other folks. The anodizing on the parts is great and it's exactly as the reviews describe.

I have one question though for anyone that cares to answer. There is one screw that is smaller than the others, that I don't know what to do with. I'm thinking it's to fasten the Driver to the base but figured I'd ask.

In summary, Pat took the time to answer my newbie questions and made some good suggestions. Once I sent the payment, he got the kit out to me quicker than I would have thought was possible. In my opinion, that is outstanding!

Howie
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

thanks for the shout out howie...yes the small screw is to mount down the flexmod I think you are supposed to use a insulator pad. Good luck with your build!
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Thanks Pat, I thought it was probably for the flexmod and thanks for the blazing fast shipping.