Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can someone make this an ILDA frame for me please.

Ian,
    All of the ild files looked good in SOS. It's when I scanned them that I had problems.

Andrew,
    Here are pic of my test patterns with nothing done to them (no optimization) using SOS to display them.

My projector has never displayed test patterns well. It's clear now that something is not quite right.

Chris

Boys,

I'm going to sit back here and listen, watch and I'm sure learn.

Ian

Ok. It's apparent from those frames that
    1) you are running at a point rate much faster than your scanners are tuned at (circle very much inside the square)
    2) your scanners are responding at different speeds. (circles are not round)
    3) your blanking shift is not net properly. (tails and gaps everywhere)

These things together will make it difficult for you to scan complex graphics with any fidelity. It's time to bring out Adam's scanner tuning tutorial and a set of screwdrivers!

To begin with, what are your scanners rated for, and what point rate did you scan those test frames at?

They are Cambridge 6800's capable of 30K. I'm using a Turbo Track Amp to drive them. My DAC is the Riya I got from you.

SOS is set to DAC Rate 30K & Scan Speed 30K.

I doubt the amp is tuned right. I did the best I could when I set it up, but I should read the Adam's tutorial and try again. I was tought the Laser Media method. We never used a ILDA test pattern only the Laser Media pattern.

I understand the tuning part, but how do I adjust the blanking shift. I know you adjust the .ini for the soundcard. Not sure how with Riya.

Chris

Ok, great. You have some experience tuning so it shouldn't be too bad. To adjust the blanking shift, you use the RIYASettings program, 'lasers' tab.

Ok I get it now. I'm not going to do anything with the projector until after this gig though. A paying gig is way more important than fine tuning my projector.
    Thank you for all of the help.

Chris

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    They are Cambridge 6800's capable of 30K. I'm using a Turbo Track Amp to drive them. My DAC is the Riya I got from you.

SOS is set to DAC Rate 30K & Scan Speed 30K.

I doubt the amp is tuned right. I did the best I could when I set it up, but I should read the Adam's tutorial and try again. I was tought the Laser Media method. We never used a ILDA test pattern only the Laser Media pattern.

I understand the tuning part, but how do I adjust the blanking shift. I know you adjust the .ini for the soundcard. Not sure how with Riya.

Chris
    I thought Bill tuned those up for you at SELEM... or was it FLEM... for some reason I also thought they had an issue too.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

One of my scanners was a little flakey, but it was a fairly minor problem. Sence been replaced.
    Yea Bill spent a few minutes tuning them at SELEM 09, but I think when he realized I didn't run Pango he ran out of time. Just my observation.
    Chris

For best results in Spaghetti, do not use point shifting in the RIYA setup. It will mess things up as much as it improves things.

Ok, I will have to get with you guys after the event to find out the best way to set up my system.