Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Can someone make this an ILDA frame for me please.

Smile

We need to have another FLEM... Then we can tune your scanners up right! With Cambridge scanners and Turbo Track amps, once you get them dialed in you should be set for a long, long time...

So how did the gig go anyway?

Adam

Yea I think everyone is in for another FLEM. Lets start planning something.

My gig was Saturday night from 10pm till 2:30am at one of the local dance clubs. My contact didn't show up till 9:30 after I chose the safest place to set up and give the best scan angle. He then informed me that he wanted me to relocate to the dance floor. In my opinion not the best location, but I only had 10 min's to break down and reset before the doors opened. No time to debate location. Needless to say, I was still aligning when they opened, but they were all at the bar drinking not the dance floor yet, so it worked out. Due to the setup I could not display the logo I got you guys to help with. Thank you though I really appreciate the help with such short notice.
    It was 600 drunk students that I had to keep a close eye on. They almost knocked over my projector stand a couple times even though it was well out of the way. I still need to clean all of my cables since they got soaked in beer and who knows what else. The projector was safely atop my stand so it didn't get splashed luckily. I saw one kid so drunk he was pissing in the corner. The music was so loud I though my ears would bleed. I'm glad I remembered ear plugs.
    The system overall performed well and I have a few bucks in my pocket to help get me by until I find another full time job. If they call again for another gig down the road, I will have to think about it a long while. If I do decide to do another show for these people, things will be done very differently.
    Lazerjock
    Last edited by Lazerjock; 10-04-2010 at 07:16. Reason: Typo

Smile

Sorry for the late reply, Chris. Been crazy busy lately.

The gig sounded like a real bitch. At least nothing got broken. But yeah, "audience unruliness" is something you need to plan for, just in case!

Regarding the next FLEM; I think it will have to be in December. I'm going to be tied up for the rest of October, and Marie has some major abdominal surgery scheduled for the end of October, so that means most of November is out as I'll be taking care of her while she recovers at home. Thus, December is probably the earliest that I'll be available. Thinking maybe the first or second weekend would work... (4th or 11th)

I'll be able to confirm dates by the middle of November, but for now that looks like the best time to do it.

Adam