Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monkey Tools V1.2

Default Monkey Tools V1.2

A new version of Monkey Tools is is available. It is at V1.2 now.

Here is what is new:

• Fixed saving of blanking properly (also loads properly too)
    • Added the circle tool (did nothing before)
    • Fixed the Undo so it does not crash. It effectively has 1 level of Undo... the second time you invoke
      undo you redo the undo.
    • Start the application maximized

Oh and of course there is an installer for it now.

There are of course lots of stuff to do in it... however it is much more useful now. It is free for the downloading.

Link: http://www.fab-favreau.com/laser_show_software.html

Thanks!
    I'm gonna give it a try.
    Lazerjock

Hi Chris, so you are the one behind monkey tools!! I've a very old version in my archive somewhere. will look at your new one, thanks!

M.

Well no I am not actually behind it. That would be a fellow named Travis Hopkins (DJEthernet / autodefrost.com). His information in the README that comes with the version of Monkey Tools that is on the FTP site.

He ran a company called "Box Laser Industries" making laser show software and hardware.

I just picked Monkey Tools up recently (been meaning to for a while). It has been in limbo for a long time. It had a few bugs that made it a pain to use and not that useful so I fixed them and added the circle tool (the button was there but the code was not). I am used to programming in Microsoft VC++ and MFC. Monkey Tools was written for Visual C++ 6. I put it into Visual Studio 2005. Also it did not come with an installer so I made one of those too. For now it resides on my website free for anyone to download and use. I would say it is almost as useful as Anarchy Editor is so those of you that have a copy copy of Anarchy can now use this (or go buy Anarchy). I have a growing list of TODO's for it.

I will be maintaining it for the foreseeable future. There is an updated email address on the About window if any of you have comments, bugs, features, etc.

Hey Chris,
    This is cool- great going I tried MT a while back as it was, and I remember that the quirks outweighed the usefulness. Getting those ironed out will be excellent.
    Thanks, Mike

Thanks! If anyone remembers any of those "quirks" , please shoot me an email. I am sure I didn't find all of them and this version only gets rid of the bigger show stoppers.

Has anyone used it yet?

Maybe I should do a couple Halloween themed frames in it just for kicks.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for sharing this app! Could you include support for more types of ILDA files (different default palettes and such) in a future rev?

Thanks Dean.

Sure. Alternative ILDA file format versions was on the list. Alternative palettes was not ... but now they are. Do you have a set of .PAL files that I could use?

Quote Originally Posted by cfavreau View Post
    Thanks Dean.

Do you have a set of .PAL files that I could use?
    Sorry, I don't but you can get table values for the major palettes from LaserBoy (LaserBoy_palette_set.cpp).
    Last edited by dchammonds; 10-12-2010 at 15:58.

Thanks for that pointer. I will be sure to ask James if it is OK to use that. If so it will save a lot of time.

Anyone get a chance to use it yet?