Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need advice on smoke machines

Quote Originally Posted by beamann View Post
    There is a thread on sealing up the optics train to make it air tight, I belive it was buffo that stated it was fairly ez to do using plexiglass or a metal inclosure with a optical window, ask him about this.
    I will shop around looking for a deal on a foggers for you as I do my rounds at the secound hand stores here and any of the online auctions I visit. I'll PM you on anything that might be or interest, O.K.? I do have one that has a plugged copper line some were in the heating element wrap, if your interested in a cheep fixer upper! $20. the pump is way werth more than that and the element as well.
    my optics train is not seald either, will be soon, but a cotton swab and little acitone dose wonders.
    I would appreciate your help but please mind you that in Croatia , we have 230VAC wall outlet at 60 Hz, not 110V @50 Hz like you guys over there in US.

I did not understand the last part here though, you are saying you got a fog machine that needs repair? I'm pretty handy, though I might not have such replacement parts around unlike those for general electronics ...
    "The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
    -Walter Bagehot

Default Wall Warts

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonium View Post
    I would appreciate your help but please mind you that in Croatia , we have 230VAC wall outlet at 60 Hz, not 110V @50 Hz like you guys over there in US.

I did not understand the last part here though, you are saying you got a fog machine that needs repair? I'm pretty handy, though I might not have such replacement parts around unlike those for general electronics ...
    Were is Croatia? Here we have wall wort adapters to convert the voltage for those of us that travel outside the U.S. so we can use our electric shavers and charge our cell phones on A/C systems that are a higher source voltage than the 120 A/C we us here, I don't know what they cost by can finde out.
    Yes, the fog mechine needs repair, the copper tubing that the fog jiuce travels threw to get to the heating element is clogged up some were, I was going to buy new copper tubing and redo the hole line from element to pump. It's 3/8" copper tubing not exspensive to buy. I have two that work fine and has been on the todo list for a while now. Everything else works fine.
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

Quote Originally Posted by beamann View Post
    Were is Croatia? Here we have wall wort adapters to convert the voltage for those of us that travel outside the U.S. so we can use our electric shavers and charge our cell phones on A/C systems that are a higher source voltage than the 120 A/C we us here, I don't know what they cost by can finde out.
    Yes, the fog mechine needs repair, the copper tubing that the fog jiuce travels threw to get to the heating element is clogged up some were, I was going to buy new copper tubing and redo the hole line from element to pump. It's 3/8" copper tubing not exspensive to buy. I have two that work fine and has been on the todo list for a while now. Everything else works fine.
    Sorry, I don't think I'm capable of repairing that, I do not have access to hardware like that, hardware stores here are quite....modest.

The travel adapter you are talking about is a step down transformer, they are not expensive, there are loads of them on ebay.

But I'd rather buy a unit that works at 230VAC.

P.S. Croatia is just over the sea from Italy
    -Walter Bagehot

Stay away from cheap smoke fluid... They have too much water content. Yes they smoke, the smoke disperses very quickly like it wasn't there.

Hazer fluid is perfect for laser show. This is what I use with my small 700W unit at home (the same unit in the link above, badged "Pro Sound"). The wife hates it BTW!!! I will be modding mine soon to pump smoke briefly at regular intervals.

As in a previous post, it is easy to make yourself. Just keep the fluid clean, any impurities block machines fast.

Clean you machine every 40 hours use or there abouts. Run WHITE vinegar through the machine. Your manual should cover this.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Stay away from cheap smoke fluid... They have too much water content. Yes they smoke, the smoke disperses very quickly like it wasn't there.

Hazer fluid is perfect for laser show. This is what I use with my small 700W unit at home (the same unit in the link above, badged "Pro Sound"). The wife hates it BTW!!! I will be modding mine soon to pump smoke briefly at regular intervals.

As in a previous post, it is easy to make yourself. Just keep the fluid clean, any impurities block machines fast.

Clean you machine every 40 hours use or there abouts. Run WHITE vinegar through the machine. Your manual should cover this.
    Hmm, well if you could link me to some sites selling the stuff you reccomend, I would greatly appreciate it.

BTW, I happened to recieve some money yesterday so I think I'll be able to increase my budget for this smoke machine ... or hazer, depends on what you guys reccomend .
    -Walter Bagehot

The company I work for distribute hazebase products. This is the fluid I use.

http://www.hazebase.com/distributors_en.htm

Check out the base.xl fluid. Long lasting smoke.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    The company I work for distribute hazebase products. This is the fluid I use.

http://www.hazebase.com/distributors_en.htm

Check out the base.xl fluid. Long lasting smoke.
    Something tells me I'm going to have trouble ordering from that site, no distributer close to me and all of their products look professional grade ... and expensive.

I'd prefer to stick to cheap $40-ish machines...

Thanks though.
    -Walter Bagehot

You won't get a hazer for your money, just a fogger with a small fan attached that they call a hazer...

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    You won't get a hazer for your money, just a fogger with a small fan attached that they call a hazer...
    That's fine by me. As long as beamz are made more visible for "Oooh Wooow" factor.

I have asked two ebay sellers so far for international shipping. Both said "Sorry".
    -Walter Bagehot