Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A video for STUKA...Discuss

Default A video for STUKA...Discuss

a video for STUKA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYExH8hpgXI

discuss...

your tax dollars at work...effin retards.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Default Setteling with power?

What do you think STUKA? Was it rotor down wash recycling into the rotor? I don't get the peddel turn though. If it was setteling with power, awsume recovery considering no numbers to catch! Oh, low or no responce from tail rotor during vortexing.
    @laserman532, not hi jacking the thread but I am a rotocraft pilot to.
    Last edited by beamann; 09-24-2010 at 18:31.
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

point is

a- they are not supposed to be over lake tahoe
    b- they are not supposed to be IN lake tahoe
    c- I would not like my son to be in the back seat of some hot shot "DIP SHIT"
    d- that is a 33 million dollar helicopter of mine and they should be permanently grounded
    e- go to a
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Default I get it

Now that I have looked at the video about 10 times and finaley saw the tiltel to the video it all makes perfect sence. Those are Black hawks and they are doing emergency water landing proceedures, as a general rule helicopters try to stay along the coast line in case of power failure but still need to practice and polish all emergency proceedures in case they ever have to fly over water areas. I am going to try to attach a video of a butt clencher to the next post, don't know if it will upload or not.

Default Rotorcraft pilot/barber

this ones a butt clencher! sorry it's my phone and it alway down loads in some weird direction for play back, on the phone position is corect.

Attachment 19888

Thumbs down

WTF !!!

It looks to me like the crew in the "questionable" aircraft (which appears to be Coast Guard or Navy UH-60 - Blackhawk - variants) were either:
    1. simulating an actual engine out condition by performing a "hovering auto" into the water, (which could explain the spin before impact, especially if the pilot on the controls wasn't quite ready for the simulated "engine out"), or
    2. just playing hot-shot cowboy
    Either way, the manuever looks like a stupid move to me, and they were damn lucky!

With the speed and angle the cockpit area appeared to be entering the water, it's a wonder the chin bubbles or door panels (both fairly light weight) didn't get blown out (which would have lead to a lot of water in the cockpit in a very short time - not good!!)

It also looked like the aft end of the '60 slapped the water very hard.
    At that speed, the water might as well have been solid ground, without the benefit of the shock-absorbing landing gear to help cushion the jolt!
    Plus, had the tail rotor fully entered the water - which appeared to have been a VERY close possibility - it probably would have pretty much disintegrated, which generally is not a good thing to happen with helicopters!

If I was a betting man, I'd say the aircraft probably had, at the very least, some mysterious "oil canning" ripples in the aft fuselage and tailboom that had to be explained, along with some bumps, bruises, and possibly other injuries for any crewmembers that weren't firmly strapped into their seats.

Fricken' idiots -
    Rules aside, it's a wonder that aircraft and crew didn't wind up on the bottom of the lake...

BTW -

I fully agree with all your points in post # 3!!!
    Last edited by Stuka; 09-24-2010 at 19:44.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Here is how not to do that.

Yep -

Spinning helicopter blades and water do not mix well!

(Or spinning blades and tree limbs....or flocks of suicidal pigeons...or - well, never mind... )
    Last edited by Stuka; 09-25-2010 at 06:26.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

MH60R

US Navy Special Operations Aircraft.

Evidently both pilots did the move and both aircraft suffered varying amounts of damage.

I've heard scuttlebutt about not anticipating some engine response issues. 6225 feet ASL could not have helped.

The Navy is very, very, upset about that video, for a lot of reasons.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 09-25-2010 at 07:13.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.