Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Nerd Bar Set?... Lab Glassware?

Default Chemical/ Lab Glassware Supplies

" 15 characters"
    Last edited by Laser Wizardry; 11-13-2015 at 10:40.

Part of my personal collection:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0152.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	791.1 KB 
ID:	19993Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0150.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	690.7 KB 
ID:	19994

My favorite is the 4000 ml round bottom flask, though it gets very little use

I have a LOT more stuff at work, which isn't very strange since I'm actually a chemist.

Need some Beer Steins with the schematic of a 60x Power Supply on it

http://www.cafepress.com/lasers.11018882
    Rob Mudryk
    Retired old and Grumpy Laserist

Quote Originally Posted by tocket View Post
    Part of my personal collection:

Name:	DSC_0152.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	791.1 KB 
ID:	19993Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0150.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	690.7 KB 
ID:	19994

My favorite is the 4000 ml round bottom flask, though it gets very little use

I have a LOT more stuff at work, which isn't very strange since I'm actually a chemist.
    nice, the 4L round bottom would definitely get you on a list over here... something like that would be ideal for making methamphetamine... which is one of the primary reasons why a lot of glassware and chemicals are becoming increasingly difficult to buy

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    nice, the 4L round bottom would definitely get you on a list over here... something like that would be ideal for making methamphetamine... which is one of the primary reasons why a lot of glassware and chemicals are becoming increasingly difficult to buy
    I got all this stuff for free. Made a killing on ebay bumping the huge stuff.

Here's a 6L Erlenmeyer... LOL!

I still have a nice big set for myself. Yeah, it looks bad...

Laser Warning

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Hey Dr SL....

..Boy, I am *really* glad you explained that - this photo - w/OUT an explanation - would be preeeeetty frightening, otherwise, dude!!!

Looks like it will rock...
    peas..
    j
    You left headroom! I my cider clogged the airlocks and kabooom... </300evil comment> Your set looks nice, I would also add in the suggested carboys for your fermentation although a gutted stainless keg works well too. I would suggest a few corning kegs (soda kegs) and a CO2 tank thus you have soda, or CO2 for beer. In addition if you want to do any fun stuff on the glassware etching solution is cheap, you just need to make a good mask.

-Adam
    Last edited by sugeek; 09-30-2010 at 17:31.
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    Here's a 6L Erlenmeyer... LOL!

I still have a nice big set for myself. Yeah, it looks bad...
    LOL!!!

ya sorry I like living and not being in jail so I won't play with things that go boom violently and bring the men in black flack jackets

speaking of which, I cant wait for the new season of Breaking Bad to start lol

Quote Originally Posted by sugeek View Post
    You left headroom! I my cider clogged the airlocks and kabooom... </300evil comment> Your set looks nice, I would also add in the suggested carboys for your fermentation although a gutted stainless keg works well too. I would suggest a few corning kegs (soda kegs) and a CO2 tank thus you have soda, or CO2 for beer. In addition if you want to do any fun stuff on the glassware etching solution is cheap, you just need to make a good mask.

-Adam
    You Bet! They are 6 gal carboys. The IPA almost made it to the top but I use a blowoff tube for the first 48 hours. I also have a set of 5 gal carboys for secondary and of course 5 gal used Pepsi corny kegs for kegging. At $30 a piece, it's the only way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Wizardry View Post
    My dad runs a small retail chemical and lab supply store here in Phoenix, called Chemlab Supply. Don't bother looking up the web site, it exists pretty much to put the phone number and address online and thats it, BUT, some of you US based guys might want to call Tom or Dave at 602-220-9011 and see what they've got for your bar sets.

Posting the pics of the triple neck round bottom flasks and talking about them just landed some of you on a DEA list. In fact, anybody that even replied mentioning those particular items is likely now on that list. Whoever first posted that pic and mentioned them first, I hope you don't rely on getting through TSA checkpoints to earn your living, that may have just become slightly more complicated when the DEA computers catch up.

seriously. No joke- triple neck round bottoms are VERY RESTRICTED as their illicit uses are running rampant in this country.

everybody on this thread is now on that list... Might take a year for their computers to filter it out and grab names, but trust me, those little items DID get noticed by the powers that be...

You would not believe the amount of crap that happens to innocent law abiding people that buy or try to buy items like that.

Please do not mention those items beyond this post of mine....
    well the stuff I bought would be pretty worthless for making drugs since its all pretty small... anyway people making drugs dont spend hundreds of dollars on glassware anymore, they can do it all in a plastic bottle... at least thats what that Discovery Channel special I watched last night told me

it just blows my mind what people will put into their bodies... not good!!!

Here's the real lab:

Name:	DSC_0154.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	715.4 KB 
ID:	20033

Not much exciting going on at the moment... just brominating a little something with NBS.