Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Renewed OLA, Laseroids, Laser Pong, etc with QM2000 and RIYA support

Yeah, the .ini file is there as well. Is there a way to force the program to use the easylase/audiodac without looking for other dacs?
    Life is short.... Ride it hard!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frixxion View Post
    Yeah, the .ini file is there as well. Is there a way to force the program to use the easylase/audiodac without looking for other dacs?
    the program detects the DACs in a certain order. Easylase is first so if it is detected it is used.
    Send me your email and I can send you a version that spits out all sort of messages.

Cool

Wow Zoof - that's great! Thanks so much for re-visiting these projects to add support for other DAC's!

Ok, now that you and Matt have both admitted that you're interested in fast fourier transform, how about the two of you get your heads together and see if you can re-visit the Winamp Laser Visualizer plug-in that Justin Frankel wrote years ago. (Please, oh please???)

I actually sent him a short message via his blog site asking him (Justin) if he'd consider helping on such a project, and he was open to the idea, but I never was able to get an e-mail address from him to discuss the idea further.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Ok, now that you and Matt have both admitted that you're interested in fast fourier transform, how about the two of you get your heads together and see if you can re-visit the Winamp Laser Visualizer plug-in that Justin Frankel wrote years ago. (Please, oh please???)

Adam
    What were you interested in particular about this, Adam? If you remember from SELEM I'm already on this and would be glad to hear your input, however I think spectrum analysis may be done in winamp itself.

I think it would be cool to make an independent music > laser plugin

or if you want to make another game, what about some sort of Frets on Fire > Laser app

http://fretsonfire.sourceforge.net/

Its a guitar hero clone... I would love you forever if you did that

hell I am sure we could even raise a collection, theres got to be other guitar hero addicts here??

Thank you very much for this. The results of any creative activity depend on the tools and information available to you as well as the process by which they are employed. Your contribution of this tool adds to the creative potential of all laserists and opens up several avenues of photonic fun (laseroids at an abandoned drive-in might be cool).
    Last edited by Robin; 10-25-2010 at 13:10. Reason: grammar

Thanks Zoof! This is great.
    I loved the versions you wrote for the sound card, now I can run them on the Riya too.
    Lazerjock

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    What were you interested in particular about this, Adam? If you remember from SELEM I'm already on this and would be glad to hear your input, however I think spectrum analysis may be done in winamp itself.
    Hi Andrew;

Sorry for the late reply. I completely missed this thread! (Then again, I've had rather a lot going on lately! )

My idea was to revisit the original plug-in that Justin Frankel wrote. As I'm sure you're aware, Justin is the guy who wrote the original Winamp, and thus the original AVS visualizer engine as well. Later on, he was approached by Pangolin to see if he would be willing to modify the AVS output so that it would talk to the QM-2000. He made the changes, and the Laser Visualizer plug-in was born. I think this was done around 2002 or so.

Since that time there have been very few (if any) changes to that original plug-in. My hope was to get Justin involved again, since he's so familiar with the code, and update the plug-in to support additional features and possibly other controllers. With the horsepower of a modern desktop, there's a lot more that could be done with that plug-in, at least in my opinion. (Of course, it would be great to improve the interface too!)

Regarding the fast fourier transform, I think you're right... I'm pretty sure Winamp already has it's own routines for extracting beat and frequency information, and that info is just passed on to the visualization plug-ins. (And from the looks of things, it already works quite well.) Personally, I think it would be better to focus on more engaging visuals than better beat-detection.

I didn't know you were already working on this. I apologize if you mentioned it at SELEM; I must have forgotten about it. Are you working alone, or with others?

Please tell me more about what you're working on. I think the laser visualizer concept in general is *very* cool, and I'd really like to see this tool expanded upon.

Adam

Hi Guys,

I have just received a Riya Lite dac and am wanting to run some games with it. I have downloaded and unzipped the zoofpack.zip

I then went a double clicked the .exe files and keep getting the same error message for each executable. The message says:

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Where do I setup the configuration.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Rich

Hi Rich,

I'm unfamiliar with that particular message, it does not come from the programs. Probably the OS is generating it, so which OS doe you use?
    They have been developed on XP, maybe there is something going on with Vista that needs to be sorted out?