Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Renewed OLA, Laseroids, Laser Pong, etc with QM2000 and RIYA support

Default Renewed OLA, Laseroids, Laser Pong, etc with QM2000 and RIYA support

Finally, I got around to building support for the QM2000 and RIYA in my software and make some improvements!

Original Laser Art has some mayor improvements, thanks to drlava. He made some really nice improvements on my SVG code, which now supports the latest version of Inkscape and most of the `temperament' of it has gone.

Minor improvements to the other proggies, they will just run a little nicer and better and support more DACS!!! That should allow the majority of PL to play with them. The QM2000 (thanks to BB) needs not introduction here. The RIYA-lite card that I use (again thanks to drlava and Ihor of RIYA) has been a very pleasant surprise in terms of output quality. The programs will detect these DACS if present and select one in this order: Easylase, RIYA, QM2000. Disconnect the ones that you don't want to use. If there is no DAC detected, a Dummy DAC that does nothing is loaded.

There is a ton of options in the settings tabs for each program. They get saved upon exit but I recommend that, once you found the right settings, you save them to a custom file. Then you can reload these settings if you accidentally change them, or load the same settings into each proggie.

This is not commercial software so I haven't taken the time to polish the usability of them but I hope that they are intuitive enough and it will be forgiven.

Hope you enjoy!

Download page: http://www.amelink.net/lasergl/

Brilliant work Zoof, and many thanks.

I'll check it out with my QM2000.Net tonight.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Are there any plans to support QS and the FB3-QS?

Unfortunately there is not an API available for the BF3 so I cannot support it. The question has come up before and Pangolin has replied that currently they do not have resources available to build an API and documentation for it.

I forgot to add: when starting one of the applications you will need to find some settings that work on your projector. For QM2000 users: in the (lower) right panel with the output settings, click load and select the QM2000 file. This will make the program's settings `transparent' and the settings stored in the QM2000 will be undistorted. :-)

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Did you do RIYA card or RIYA uSB?

Thank you for updating!!!

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Used the RIYA-lite, thus USB. All USB/cards use the same riyanetserver.dll and they should all work with these programs AFAIK. Let me know if you run into any problems.

Hey Zoof,

Excellent work, will check it out during the LEM i guess.
    Thanks for the time and effort you have put into this software!
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

just in case someone asks, I added the msvcp.dll and msvcr.dll files for convenience.
    If you had downloaded the file, you can download it again.

very cool! I will play with this tonight

Thanks, Zoof!!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....