Thread: Word reversed on the scrim

Question Word reversed on the scrim

when i shine my laser through a scrim the words are reversed. so how do i make them right?
    when i shine my laser on the wall the words are right but i want to shine it through a scrim and you are on the other side of the scrim the word's are reversed.
    can someone please tell me how to reverse the words so you can read them on the scrim when you are sitting in the audiance.
    thanks and God bless.
    God Bless.

Quote Originally Posted by tommylee333 View Post
    when i shine my laser through a scrim the words are reversed. so how do i make them right?
    1) Check if your software has a "Mirror X axis", "Rear projection" or similar setting.
    (if you name your software, other members can help you)
    OR
    2) Check if your projector has a "Mirror X axis", "Rear projection" or similar switch.
    (possibly inside the projector, on the galvo amplifier board)
    OR
    3) Swap pins 1 and 2 at one end of your ILDA cable (or inside the projector).

Default Dmx

i forgot to say i am using Dmx for the time being.
    thanks for any help and God bless.
    God Bless.

when i shine my laser on the wall the words are right but i want to shine it through a scrim and you are on the other side of the scrim the word's are reversed.
    can someone please tell me how to reverse the words so you can read them on the scrim when you are sitting in the audiance.
    thanks and God bless.
    Just swap the wires between the controller and the X-axis galvo amp inputs - this will flip the image direction for you.

Better yet, install a DPDT toggle switch, mount it to the back cover of the projector, and wire it so you can swap the wires anytime, changing between "front projection" and "rear projection" viewing at the flip of a switch, without having to make any software changes. Wired this way, it doesn't matter if you are using DMX or ILDA software to control the projector.

Works great!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

i forgot to say i am using Dmx for the time being.
    thanks for any help and God bless.
    In this case, only suggestion 2) applies. Check if your projector has a switch built-in for mirroring the X axis. If there is no such switch, then check if the galvo amplifier board inside the projector has a switch or jumper. If there is no such switch or jumper, then the only remaining circuitry-free option is to swap the X+ and X- inputs to the galvo amplifier board (assuming the board has differential inputs).

Smile thanks

i really appreciate every one replying thanks and God bless.
    God Bless.