Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LD2000 Woes

Default Audio Transplant

One other thing you could try is this-
    If you have a generic beamshow that you
    a) don't have the music for
    b) don't like the music for
    No problem-
    Just start by finding a music file (you actually have and like) that roughly matches the duration of the show in question.
    Next, just start tweaking the effects on the timeline to sync up to the new audio track, both in start position and duration. Shuffle them around and play with it.
    I have tried this on a few of the sample shows that I otherwise would not have used, and the results are definitely better than just tossing the shows in the "whatever" folder.

I suppose it would depend on the security/privileges, etc of the particular show you started with, but it is usually feasible. I doubt I would do it and upload it due to the reuse of the original frames involved, etc, but if you are just doing it for fun I don't see why not. This is a much easier stepping stone for making your own show than starting completely from scratch.

Anyway, just a thought.
    -Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    I have collected about 190 shows in the last few years, including Lady Gaga pokerface

So i just think you are not looking good enough.

There are tons out there, firstlight that was mentioned and also Heck, but for the hobbyist it is a lot of coin to build a collection.
    I hope to start learning to build them myself, as it is just cost prohibitive to keep building the library purchasing them at commercial rates (my bank account can testify).
    leading in trailing technology

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    Didn't you also made Standing in motion?

It's my favourite out of the 190 shows
    NOOOOO!!! I definatly can't take credit for that one.

My shows are:
    Hip Hug Her - Booker T and the MGs... I think
    Life in Technicolor - Coldplay
    High Roller - Crystal Method
    Obscured by Clouds - Pink floyd
    City of Groove - DJ Icey
    Battle without Honor or Humanity - Tomoyasu Hotei

Isn't DJ Icey from Orlando? My wife is friends with him.

Building custom shows is definitely not something most people can do in a hurry!
    For me, it's not that difficult to use the software, just tedious and time consuming -
    and I definitely have to be in the right "mood" to take on the challenge
    (which is usually actually pretty fun - once I finally get started!!)

Hence - I just FINALLY finished my first show.....

It's a lot creating videos with PC-based software - just takes longer!!

You may want to think about going the live performance route and just "wing it" with some current music - as long as the beam patterns are changing and at least "semi" synced with the music, most folks in the audience will be thrilled! (We're usually our own worst critics...)

In lieu of buying LivePro - which would be highly recommended if you were interested in some serious live performance capabilities - you can use the "Live!" option in Showtime.
    Just load up "Live Show" that comes with LD2000 (under beams), switch to the "Live!" tab, and you've got 9 pages of 48 cues each, ready to go.

That should be enough to keep the Lady GaGa and Blackeyed Peas crowd entertained for a while!!
    Last edited by Stuka; 09-29-2010 at 17:04.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Thank you all.

I am a butthead and formally retract my previous rant. One of the things I finally discovered is that, the system I purchased came complete with a laptop and docking station for the QM board. It was a backup unit from a lasershow company in California and, it appears, since they do a lot of their own stuff, that the prepackaged shows that come with LD2000 and extra frames etc., were never loaded on the laptop. (Just about 10 were.) They sent me the full Pangolin LD2000 update on DVD but, the laptop only has a CD-ROM. I recently upgraded it to a DVD drive and checked this morning. Lo and behold, all of the 120+ shows that come with it are on the disc so..... I'm going to spend a few happy hours "playing" this afternoon.

(STILL don't expect the learning curve for this thing to come easily though!)

Lightbulb

DOH!!! Time to enjoy!

Dang, I need to get a new disk set -

I need more shows!!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Anyone have a sports related graphics show (song)? Or know where I can buy one? I may have my first paying corporate client later this month (Walgreens) who wants to add some excitement to a business presentation I'm having here at the hall. I'm going to use regular effects lighting for most of it but, they toured the hall while I had the toys out and got excited at the prospect of throwing something with the RGB up on a wall or screen.

Gulp... not ready for this yet! Although it's the reason I'm starting to dabble in this hobby to begin with.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Isn't DJ Icey from Orlando? My wife is friends with him.
    I think so...

He did a rave in North Carolina a couple years ago, and I ended up working with Dream Beamz on the laser show for the event. Was quite a lot of fun, actually, and I have to say that he seemed like a decent dude to me. (I didn't speak with him directly, but I did hear him talking with fans, event staff, and even some of the venue folks afterwards, and he didn't talk down to anyone like so many other famous people tend to do.)

Adam