Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chinese projector Modifications

Yes, about the wife....she knows. The cost and estimated shipping. As for how many....well that is entirely a whole seperate bucket of photons...but she does appreciate the shows and how much time and devotion goes into creating a working projector system. She has her own expensive hobby...photography...lenses,filters,data cards, etc, etc. If you think that lasers are expensive...go buy a new set of magneto's for an airplane....$1895.00 with spark plug harnesses. Tires and fuel are cheap.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

God damnit violet and purple are NOT the same thing.

Purple = red + blue
    Violet = its own primary colour.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic View Post
    God damnit violet and purple are NOT the same thing.

Purple = red + blue
    Violet = its own primary colour.

Now THAT , is funny
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Default Violet versus Purple

I stand corrected but I do need to get a 445 module in there eventually I bought that diode for 30 bucks a year ago not bad output for that money but yes its Violet and not blue boo hoo hoo Well Ill get over it. Still interested in what color combos it will do once I combine and balance it. Thanks for the feedback on the wife thing. I did see someone in the forum by the name of Laser Chick so I guess there are some women out there who actually like this stuff Just not our wives.

Hey, Mmuhler. :-)

I'm a newbie in this coherent hobby, but I'm already in a similar thing like modifyin a cheap projector.
    Here's the link to my review.
    I've replaced the crappy scanners with Spacelas ScanLSP 30k. Bought from phenixtechnology.com (it's called PT-30k in their pricelist) for 170 USD plus shipping. It's a decent set, scanning just like in specs (a bit noisy tho) and I'm fully satisfied with it's performance.

Hi Mmuhler

good to see you here .... hope that you enjoy your stay ...

Im not sure how many people are aware here about Mr L Michael Roberts but ... i would refrain from trying to contact him at the moment as it might not be the right time .... it seems he his in a bit of trouble with the authorities at the moment ....

not sure if i should post it here but ... its in the newspaper anyway .. so this wont make much difference .... i have met the guy a few times and found him to be one of the nicest ... and frendliest people in the industry .... i am keeping my opinions to myself until proven... you are welcome to make your own opinion

http://news.nationalpost.com/tag/law...chael-roberts/

I would certainly wait to see the outcome before using any internet means of contacting him

all the best

Re reading my post above this morning ... with me saying that i am keeping my opinions to myself ... actualy could come across as i am suporting Roberts ..... but actualy as a father of two young children i find this kind of behavior disgustingly sickening ...

so please dont read it any other way ...

ok .... now you all know my opinion

all the best .... Karl

Is that the same person or are you joking due to them coincidentally having the same name? If it is the latter, you should probably delete your posts since someone might get the wrong idea. Presently, I am not sure what to think and that is why I am asking.

Gary ... i wish i was joking .... if you read the press report in full ... it states that he worked on laser light shows etc ... a few others here (some ilda members ) im sure do know about this .... but i think that most are waiting to see what happens in the courts .... my reason for posting this is not to stir it up... but to let our members know that its not a good idea to try and contact him via email etc as im sure his email comunications will be monitored by the police

you can check his photos via his own page http://www.laserfx.com/Services/AboutLFX3.html

its very sad

Karl
    Last edited by Banthai; 10-04-2010 at 06:30.

what is it about the 70s???

somebody was accusing Jack Horkheimer of the same thing before he passed

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-b...-98061789.html