Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chinese projector Modifications

Hi flecom...

this isnt about being acused .... and i am no way accusing him as i have no evidence ...

what this is about is being charged .... because of evidence ... the police are also asking for further information relating to similar incidents

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsr...e.php?id=19602

You must realise that in the 70s reporting abuse was very difficult .... especially for the victims ... now its easier and there are organisations to contact

Banthai

ya I didn't say you were accusing, I said people getting accused

Hi Flecom

sorry buddy .... i know that you dont think im acusing him ... i was just trying to put across that this has progressed far more than someone pointing the acusing finger at him .....

this is now a very serious matter ...

perhaps i am a bit over protective in situations like this .... i have kids that are now at the same age as the victim was when it happened .... if i found that someone had done this to my kids .... im sure i would be on a murder charge ....

Many years ago i was in a relationship with a girl who had experienced abuse as a child .... and if anyone thinks that she would eventialy get over it ... has got it very wrong .... it affected our relationship (eventualy ended it ) she never wanted to have children because of her childhood... it will also be with her for the rest of her life.

she was a wonderfull women ... but part of her was taken away by a monster

these wierdos dont realise the damage that they do

anyway ... sorry flecom ... im on my shouty box again

all the best buddy

banthai

Default LMR

Karl is quite right to mention the serious charges L. Michael Roberts faces from the Toronto Police, when his name is being discussed here in this laser community.

It, regrettably, does appear to be the same LMR that our community knows, as evidenced through the photos, description of activities, and the fact ILDA has taken temporary steps to distance itself from him too.

People can form their own opinions, and this forum should not become a place to start a flame war about the subject. The important thing is that people are aware of the police charges.

It would have been wrong of Karl not to say anything.

James.

Quote Originally Posted by mmuhler View Post
    I stand corrected but I do need to get a 445 module in there eventually I bought that diode for 30 bucks a year ago not bad output for that money but yes its Violet and not blue boo hoo hoo
    You know you can get a 445nm diode for about $30 now, right?

I did see someone in the forum by the name of Laser Chick so I guess there are some women out there who actually like this stuff Just not our wives.
    Most of us are a little more circumspect about it.

Default Chinese

Quote Originally Posted by Geetone View Post
    Hey, Mmuhler. :-)

I'm a newbie in this coherent hobby, but I'm already in a similar thing like modifyin a cheap projector.
    Here's the link to my review.
    I've replaced the crappy scanners with Spacelas ScanLSP 30k. Bought from phenixtechnology.com (it's called PT-30k in their pricelist) for 170 USD plus shipping. It's a decent set, scanning just like in specs (a bit noisy tho) and I'm fully satisfied with it's performance.
    Nice job on your touch up of cheap and you did learn LASER 101. Have fun. JH

Default L Michael

Hello everyone sorry I did not respond till now we had a death in the family my cousins 8 year old daughter Died of neuroblastoma a rare childhood cancer, on Friday October 9th. Since I have no siblings my cousin was like a sister to me growing up, and I have been pretty much dealing with the pain of this loss, so I have not been paying attention to the site I am very disturbed to hear this. I know he has been investigated in the past for this and there has always been a question in my mind of whether he is guilty or not but I do know he has male preferences he never approached me when I used to go up there he respected me for being Heterosexual but I think at this point we need to understand he has a sickness Pedophilia just not acceptable behavior to most people and I hope he gets help if these accusations are true. L Michael was a great Laserist and was always willing to help people new to the craft I am very disturbed to hear this and hope the best for him.

Michael

Michael,

if you conflate homosexuality with pedophilia one more time you're gonna be on my shitlist, ok?

Default Everyone

I apologize as I have offended fellow laserists on this site. This is not what I intended here I just got chewed out on chat for the last reply. I have great respect for the Gay community, L Michael and I were good friends he respected me and I respected him peoples personal preferences are to be respected I am sorry I mentioned this where the line is drawn for me is when it becomes what he is being investigating for I unfortunately cannot accept that and thats all I am saying on the subject it ends there. From now on I would like to discuss lasers its very easy to put your foot in your mouth when discussing touchy subjects like this.

Michael

Seems like theres a few of us modding these cheap projectors.

Mine came with crappy 12k scanners, slow as all hell, flickers like mad. I'll be ripping them out and replacing them with a 30K set, and replacing the 405 diode with a 445. The dichros can also get replaced as they are pretty lossy.

My projector is a Shinp AL460RGP.

Later I'll replace the 660 diode with a 500mw 650, crank up the 445 to match, and install a bigger green. All PSU's will be replaced with flexmods for analogue.