Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Laser Scanners the good the bad and the Ugly

Default Chinese Laser Scanners the good the bad and the Ugly

Hi All
    I found some 30k CDS brand at www.chinesedepartmentstore.com.cn I have been on this site many times but it has been offline for the last two days not sure why. Any suggestions of other sources prices success ect... need 30k I notice some say 40k at 8degrees and 30k at 20degrees that would work for me. I need to replace 12k scanners.
    this brings up another thing the chinese scanners I have seen on ebay ect.. all look the same CT knock offs I wonder if the amps are the only difference they seem to have the same connectors and look exactly alike other than the scanner amps. any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Cheers
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mmuhler View Post
    Hi All
    I found some 30k CDS brand at www.chinesedepartmentstore.com.cn I have been on this site many times but it has been offline for the last two days not sure why. Any suggestions of other sources prices success ect... need 30k I notice some say 40k at 8degrees and 30k at 20degrees that would work for me. I need to replace 12k scanners.
    this brings up another thing the chinese scanners I have seen on ebay ect.. all look the same CT knock offs I wonder if the amps are the only difference they seem to have the same connectors and look exactly alike other than the scanner amps. any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Cheers
    Michael
    People have had decent luck with these, might want to give them a look if you haven't. http://cgi.ebay.com/Galvo-scanning-s...#ht_2421wt_709

It is kinda a roll of the dice, if you want problem free guarantee of no headaches I'd look into buying from Marc at CT great support and tuned. Otherwise if your not handy with tuning you might drive yourself crazy. I have scene outa the box near perfect 30K pattern and all garbage out of the box on the direct from china stuff.
    leading in trailing technology

Default Laser link

Thanks for the advice yes the chinese market is a murky world I have had some good luck with there stuff so far it is always best to ask first before put down your cash David had also mentioned people were happy with the Spacelas on my modification post. I like what I see so far looks like my price range. I have had the CTs they are fantastic but out of my price range since this is for fun now not like when I owned a laser show company in the past. I still have a couple of G120PDs in the attic no amps (had a turbotrack back in the day)but do have two unpopulated boards from laser freak in Germany bought them for next to nothing last year I have the schematics and the parts list. With my hectic life I just dont have time find all the parts and stuff them at the moment will do that down the road right now I think the ones I see hear will do the trick.

Cheers
    Michael

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

DT40s are decent, Laserpic if you must go cheap. Spacelas has kind of a iffy reputation.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Dt - definitely the best quality scanners coming out of China that I know of.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Default chinese scanners

i bought the complete set to start playing with laser control from chinesedepartmentstore some time ago.
    the scannerset pt30k is delivered from phenixtechnology.com and are basically spacelas galvo's. the set also included a pt-itrust dmc/ilda connector board which comes in handy and the ishow software with controller. Not the best dac in the world but to start with a hobby nice enough.
    But, the scanners are not that bad, in fact, i hooked them up to an easylase II and can do a nice ilda testframe on the wall. They could use some fine tuning and if you pay attention not to do a high speed wide angle they manage well.
    Love to get my hands on dt40k but first i will invest in good showsoftware, a better red and a blue.

MichelRietveld

so, is this the good the bad or the ugly?

http://cgi.ebay.com/40Kpps-HightSpee...ht_3611wt_1139

got them a year ago, but haven't put them to much use yet

Default 40k set

http://www.phenixtechnology.com/en/p...lb_id=10010001

you get what you pay for.

good for hobby and small shows, if you plan to do more high level look at dragon tiger in my opinion.

i have the 30k set and for school disco it worked great.

Michel

Default thanks!

a year ago they were somewhat cheaper, so i suppose i've got to be happy

thaks for your answer

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Dt - definitely the best quality scanners coming out of China that I know of.
    ya but the little PSU they include is total garbage... especially on the DT40 wides, totally does not have the current those scanners need/want