Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Socalem 2011

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Yo, Instinct...

Yes, it's the 'old Laser Images' space (...we took it over...) No, the area where the 'LD' was is empty, but not very 'accessible', till we knock out a wall / move some pipes, electrical, etc - aint gonna happen by Jan... - Once we do that, we'll have a *much* better space for shows / demos, etc...

Till then, perhaps we could do one / two days at the 'other' space, where aerials and beams can get a chance to 'stretch-out', and then, one day at VNYs, (?) so we can play some of the Laserium shows? (not too keen on dragging that all out gear to another venue... gotta rent a truck, all the hose / feeder, etc... )

Again, Ivan and I will discuss, but I wanted to at least put all the 'pros and cons out in the light', for all to discuss / ponder, etc...

Thanks for the input, will 'KIT'...
    peas..
    j
    Jon hit me up when you get back. Wonder if we can make it an indoor outdoor event? Or would the management have an issue if we do a small outdoor setup? In any case renting a space might work better. We can always make it a goal to get that place back into working shape for future use.

Ivan

Hey Iv -

Quote Originally Posted by ArcDevilz View Post
    Jon hit me up when you get back. Wonder if we can make it an indoor outdoor event? Or would the management have an issue if we do a small outdoor setup?
    Hmm, well, certainly no problem, 'from me'... nor the owners, etc, but I think the neighbors, next door, might complain if the tunes were really crankin'... then-again, they don't call the cops on the jets!

...actually, that would prolly be a 'negative' to doing outdoors there... nice big lot, yes, but when the jets take off, (which is pretty-unpredictable / no real 'schedule') it would really 'trump' any show-music that happened to be playing... sound from the airport is pretty-well 'dampened' inside, but outside - it comes across the street quite efficiently...

Quote Originally Posted by ArcDevilz View Post
    In any case renting a space might work better. We can always make it a goal to get that place back into working shape for future use.
    Yeah, just a matter of time... but, I think we could make it work for *one* day... would be a real treat / inspiration to be able to play the Laserium shows...

Let's plan to meet-up when I get back, and 'assess the workload' and see if it is 'feasable' for even one-day... if not, perhaps for SoCaLem II, in Spring...

kit...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Not to mention if Jon has an accident with his laserscope an happens to hit a jet lmaooooo JK

Quote Originally Posted by prodjallenbackup View Post
    Not to mention if Jon has an accident with his laserscope an happens to hit a jet lmaooooo
    ...no, I only do Cars...

j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

A friend of mine is trying to get info on another new concert/club venue in Anaheim Hills.

Here is his direct quote "Capacity is limited to 400 people, but there is a concessions split, in-house audio and basic LED lighting. It has three installed truss circles (2 - 10' + 1 - 15')"

He was quoted $750 for a weekend DAY, I am not sure what the time is limited too, but they said they have full blackout capabilities. It would really suck to end it early, but just another option on the table. I really want to find the size of the place.

- instinct

He JUST sent me an email with more photos:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 06.jpg  

07.jpg  

03.jpg  

04.jpg  

02.jpg  

01.jpg  

09.jpg  

10.jpg  

08.jpg  

05.jpg  

- instinct

Is this thread dead already?
    - instinct

Smile What are the Dates

I am interested in coming. We have a 2.3w RGB show that we do in Fresno and around the valley. So it would be nice to connect with others. I have other lasers too. Got a couple of 95-2 lexels that run on 220 single phase and a 488nm @ 100mw Cyonics that in a single color small show.
    Steve Wall
    Pyro Laser Productions

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    He JUST sent me an email with more photos:
    Fuuuuck... I'd say offer them a grand for the weekend. That is a nice spot. It may not have the space Newton does, but it has a lot of features Newton don't. Actually it might have more space; just configured differently. The auditorium seating in Newton is nice.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

San Diego California in the United States

Default Yes!

Finally a westcoast lem! I'm definitally going