Thread: Looking for suggestions on getting my FieldMaster with LM3 calibrated

Default Looking for suggestions on getting my FieldMaster with LM3 calibrated

Hi there

I have a FieldMaster with LM3 and believe it is need of calibration. I'm not after amazing accuracy, within +/- 5% would be OK.

I have contacted Coherent Australia who have quoted to have it shipped back to the US, have it calibrated and sent back. The quote is way more than the meter cost me! I could probably get another reasonably well calibrated newer meter for the price they've quoted!

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
    Tony

Hi Tony,

If you don't have any luck, get in touch.

I can ask a guy over here called Jonathon Thwaites. He works At the University of Western Australia. He does laser safety courses and is responsible for the laser safety at UWA. They have some pretty dangerous X-ray lasers and quiet a few other experiments going on. He or a student may be able to calibrate your gear against their meters for a reasonable fee possibly.

Just a thought.

Good luck mate.
    Kit

I don't think you really have any other options than getting Coherent to calibrate it mate..

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    Hi there

I have a FieldMaster with LM3 and believe it is need of calibration. I'm not after amazing accuracy, within +/- 5% would be OK.

I have contacted Coherent Australia who have quoted to have it shipped back to the US, have it calibrated and sent back. The quote is way more than the meter cost me! I could probably get another reasonably well calibrated newer meter for the price they've quoted!

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
    Tony
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Modern coherent products can't be calibrated by a tech, you need to have a coherent programmer to change the calibration values stored on the internal eeprom. There may be a 3rd party in australia that has the required tools, but they will usually charge the same as Coherent does.

There is hope however, the calibration on a thermopile meter really does not drift much over time, so if you take it into a university and compare against a meter that is still in date and confirm that it reads the same value you should be fine.