Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My try at a 445 moduale

Default My try at a 445 module ( Photos)

Well this is the prototype and I know I will move things around a little and for now I do not have the outside box that this will slip into made yet. And I will allow for corrective optics as well in the next design. This is machined from a solid cube of 6061 2"X2"X2".
    It is powered by a 5.5V 8amp power supply and has a 6V fan. With the Flexmod 3 I have it set to 800mw and after 1 hour of running it is not even warm no need for a tec.

Last edited by Astroguy; 10-07-2010 at 05:22.
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Dang! Nice work! I'm diggin that LaserBug. Nice and compact, just the way I like it.

Thumbs up NICE!

Looks like crap; box it up and send it over so I can put it with the rest of my stuff that looks like crap.

On a serious note; with all that metal, does it really need the fan? You probably have enough room on each side to add anohter diode and knfie edge 3 of em together.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Looks like crap; box it up and send it over so I can put it with the rest of my stuff that looks like crap.

On a serious note; with all that metal, does it really need the fan? You probably have enough room on each side to add anohter diode and knfie edge 3 of em together.
    Thanks, It was designed to hold 2 diodes with laser bugs but it may hold three.
    You may be right about the fan, with only one diode I may not need one.
    The attachment is a DXF file if you down load it change the extion to DXF.

Heatsink.txt
    Last edited by Astroguy; 10-02-2010 at 14:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroguy View Post
    I tried to upload the DXF file in case anyone wanted it but it won't let me upload it here.
    Just change the file format extension to something else like .TXT etc... That is much easier than Spec adding in the file format to the board.

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Quote Originally Posted by sugeek View Post
    Just change the file format extension to something else like .TXT etc... That is much easier than Spec adding in the file format to the board.

-Adam

Thanks that worked.

Thumbs up

Nice work Fred! You're getting good with that mill of yours...

Adam

looks to be a very nice efficient compact design! 5 stars!
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    Dang! Nice work! I'm diggin that LaserBug. Nice and compact, just the way I like it.
    I like it as well, I wish there was a way to mount it instead of just hanging off the diode?

Quote Originally Posted by Astroguy View Post
    I like it as well, I wish there was a way to mount it instead of just hanging off the diode?
    It's actually pretty secure from my findings just hanging off the pins. I just grab the laserbug if I need to pull/push or twist the aixiz modules. However, You could use some sort of removable glue between the side of the socket and the base of the module.

One thing I also like to do is slightly bend the pins on the diode outward. This makes a really tight fit when you push the pins into the socket.