Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: beware ebay buyer xxxxxxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by krazer View Post
    This thread refers to a case where an Item Not Received dispute was filed, in which case a delivery confirmation (signature required for >$250 items) is sufficient to close the case.

In the case of an item Significantly Not As Described, you have a much rougher time. The buyer will be required to show proof that he shipped something back, but I have heard of scams where they take the item they want out, and mail you a rock back. At this point paypal usually sides on the user of the higher feedback, but it is iffy territory.
    ok with an item not received there is another issue, you MUST send it to the billing address of the payment method used... mind you, when they send you a "confirmed address" it is not necessarily their billing address, and since paypal does not let you see their billing address, you have no way of knowing where its going...

trust me paypal is only looking out for the buyer 99% of the time

Say what you will, paypal has very specific rules regarding how to qualify for their seller protection, if you follow them you will be covered. I suspect you are confusing a Confirmed address and a Verified address, a confirmed address is your billing address, by definition. A Verified address can be different from a billing address, and does not have the same level of protection as would a Confirmed address. I have however won cases where I shipped to a Verified address (in many countries it is impossible to get a Confirmed address, so you must accept the risks of a Verified address to sell to them).

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Sounds like you can't trust foreigners.
    Keep it local then if they don't pay or try some Monkey Business you can go round and give them "a slap".

andre92150 is a moderator on laserfreak

I haven't read him in several years, yet he is still moderator

I tend to give no credit to this kind of guy, and it has been proved here

I hope people would accept sending overseas from ebay though, at least from some known/trusted people or with a recommendation from another one, because I have been very disappointed in many occasion to be refused to buy some really, really useful things...

I think the root of this problem is that you are not following the ebay rules
    You are wrong, ebay rules allow auctions to take place which use any manner of international shipping, including express and priority. What they don't way is that the seller is not protected against scammers with most shipping methods, even when paypal shipping is used.

krazer, you appear to have contact with the guy that did this? I'm very surprised at your response. Are you saying it's my fault that he took advantage of the rules and me? The only thing that this sort of thing causes is the international shipping costs to increase for everyone to try to prevent the few unscrupulous from taking advantage.

I just hope this makes people aware of the risks and can protect someone in the future from this guy. The item was shipped with delivery confirmation using paypal's shipping apparatus but you are correct, no signature confirmation. I did not know that this cheat could be pulled without signature confirmation when it was clearly delivered to the extent the buyer agreed upon in the auction. These things are also not made clear to sellers, I had assumed a fair standard of proof but as others have said the standard if far from this.
    Last edited by drlava; 10-03-2010 at 21:05.

Say what you will, paypal has very specific rules regarding how to qualify for their seller protection, if you follow them you will be covered. I suspect you are confusing a Confirmed address and a Verified address, a confirmed address is your billing address, by definition. A Verified address can be different from a billing address, and does not have the same level of protection as would a Confirmed address. I have however won cases where I shipped to a Verified address (in many countries it is impossible to get a Confirmed address, so you must accept the risks of a Verified address to sell to them).
    I'll give you another example of paypal screwing me, I sold a UHF commercial radio to a user, guy gets it, says it does not work.... which I know cant be because I f$%^ing programmed it for him and everything.... ok so I tell him to send it back...

he does, and its clear from just opening the box this thing was smoked, either he reversed polarities at the input or hooked it to 110vac or something but the radio was f#$%ed up...

told the guy I would not give him a refund for him breaking the radio, he filed a complaint, i stated my case with pictures of the radio exploded, guy won anyway