Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: beware ebay buyer xxxxxxxxxx

Default beware ebay buyer xxxxxxxxxx

Beware ebay buyer XXXXXXXXXX

He has figured out a way to get free goods from ebay: Just buy things that are over $200, wait a while after receiving them, and even though the tracking says 'delivered' file a paypal dispute and claim non-recept. Paypal will decide against the seller, even with shipment tracking stating 'delivered' and the buyer gets to keep the product and their entire payment.

The buyer even claimed to not know what 'french customs' was or how to contact them to check about the package. This is woeful for someone who apparently runs a laser business plasmalaser.fr

If a french buyer by the same of XXXXXXXXXXX comes up, either with his current id andrexxxxx or another, cancel the transaction before it's too late. You've been warned.

EDIT: 4/11/2013 This buyer has contacted me and now paid today!
    Last edited by drlava; 04-11-2013 at 22:43.

that sucks dude :\

I never ship to Canada or France... only two countries I have ever had an issue with

and I've sold stuff to all over, including China and the Middle East

Default HEADS UP

Thanks DR LAVA, Will file that in the BEWARE folder I to sell on feebay.
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

That tricks been around for ages. A friend of mine suffered it with buyers from Singapore around 4 years ago. Luckily in his case he gave them a tracking number of another item posted to someone else and hadn't sent the item (a mobile) to the guy in Singapore yet, so when he tried to withdraw payment knowing it was "in" the post, it didn't matter as the item hadn't actually been posted. My friend actually got very lucky and scammed the scammer as he did win the argument with Pay Pal so got to keep both goods and payment. Obviously thats technically theft but are we bothered when its a scammer got ripped off? I wouldn't encourage anyone to do it as its illegal but it was a kind of rough justice.

Besides if the police want to arrest him they'll have to go a long way, he died 2 years ago and I gather its a long staircase to heaven!

Thanks for the warning Dr Lava, I'll watch out for that guy.

Flecom: I would encourage you to consider shipping to Canada in the future, not all of us are bad.

Personally, having been selling things online since before ebay came into fruition, I can honestly say I've only had a few unresolved issues that I'm not too happy about, mostly low value stuff though.

Dr. Lava: In my experience, if you have substantial feedback or are a powerseller, ebay will almost always decided in your favour, especially if you have insured your package with full tracking & require a signature on delivery. Then you can view online the signed sig from the recipient and if it somehow goes against you with ebay/paypal, you can take it up with the shipping company, as it was insured, and if they can't account for a face-to-face delivery with the recipient, then that's what the insurance is for.

Of course, there are exceptions to the rule, way back when I had to hire someone out of state to go harass a buyer at their workplace on my behalf, and shame them into coming clean... but anyway.... good luck trying to resolve things.

and ps dr. lava, let me know when the mini riya dacs are back in stock... I'm out of luck for my current Nuit Blanche art installation, but will hapilly purchase one from you for the future. thx!

Quote Originally Posted by AudioVisualizers View Post
    Flecom: I would encourage you to consider shipping to Canada in the future, not all of us are bad.

Personally, having been selling things online since before ebay came into fruition, I can honestly say I've only had a few unresolved issues that I'm not too happy about, mostly low value stuff though.

Dr. Lava: In my experience, if you have substantial feedback or are a powerseller, ebay will almost always decided in your favour, especially if you have insured your package with full tracking & require a signature on delivery. Then you can view online the signed sig from the recipient and if it somehow goes against you with ebay/paypal, you can take it up with the shipping company, as it was insured, and if they can't account for a face-to-face delivery with the recipient, then that's what the insurance is for.

Of course, there are exceptions to the rule, way back when I had to hire someone out of state to go harass a buyer at their workplace on my behalf, and shame them into coming clean... but anyway.... good luck trying to resolve things.

and ps dr. lava, let me know when the mini riya dacs are back in stock... I'm out of luck for my current Nuit Blanche art installation, but will hapilly purchase one from you for the future. thx!
    every time I have shipped to Canada its been a problem, not just once or twice mind you...

the way ebay/paypal works they will pretty much always side with the buyer no matter what... they can simply claim you sent them a rock in a box and bam, they win... no matter how much you insured it for, or whos signature you have...

Quote Originally Posted by AudioVisualizers View Post
    And France too....maybe a person as a problem, not all the country !

I think the root of this problem is that you are not following the ebay rules, if you ship anything over $200 in value, you *MUST* ship it with a signature. If you don't, you are just asking for the buyer to file a claim. That means shipping via Express Mail for international orders, or priority mail w/signature confirmation for domestic.

As a side note, when shipping low value international orders via priority mail, you must NOT use a small flat rate box, or flat rate envelope, as these 2 items specifically do not include ANY kind of tracking (not even a delivery confirmation) so a buyer can file an item not received and get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by krazer View Post
    I think the root of this problem is that you are not following the ebay rules, if you ship anything over $200 in value, you *MUST* ship it with a signature. If you don't, you are just asking for the buyer to file a claim. That means shipping via Express Mail for international orders, or priority mail w/signature confirmation for domestic.

As a side note, when shipping low value international orders via priority mail, you must NOT use a small flat rate box, or flat rate envelope, as these 2 items specifically do not include ANY kind of tracking (not even a delivery confirmation) so a buyer can file an item not received and get away with it.
    a signature does not help you, you can have all the signatures you want, the buyer can simply claim you sent him a box with a rock in it and they win.. I'm pretty sure I am just repeating myself at this point but trust me this is exactly what happens

This thread refers to a case where an Item Not Received dispute was filed, in which case a delivery confirmation (signature required for >$250 items) is sufficient to close the case.

In the case of an item Significantly Not As Described, you have a much rougher time. The buyer will be required to show proof that he shipped something back, but I have heard of scams where they take the item they want out, and mail you a rock back. At this point paypal usually sides on the user of the higher feedback, but it is iffy territory.