Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UKLEM - After the meet, thank you's.

Yet another great weekend!

Was great to see faces; old and new.

Huge thanks to Jim for looking after us and arranging all the stuff we probably take for granted arranging this!

Thank you for all the nice comments on my music/Djing.

See you at the next one!

Graham
    "An instant without duration"
    www.grahamthorne.co.uk

This weekend was yet another great laser meet with only one thing that spoilt it for me this time and that was having to come back home on the Saturday to do what turned out to be a not so enjoyable gig.

A big thanks to you Jim for your work in organizing the great venue for the meet again. Top man.

Thanks Jem for the kind words of the laser harp and my keyboard skills. It was not my intention but I was told that I managed to piss off Jim for being able to playing a few JMJ track on his amazing synth.

The last time I got to see the CuBr it put on the most amazing show out side last year so you can guess how pissed off I am to have missed seeing this laser in action again. (that bloody gig)

It was great to meet up with every one and looking forward to the next one.

Carl
    2 x Stanwax Laser 3W RGB's
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

what a awesome weekend, cant beat 2-3 days locked in a hall with a load of lasers.

always seem to have a great laugh with everyone one.

thanks to everyone for attending and jim for arranging.

thanks to dan for helping me with the mill and others for tips on how to use it.

cant wait for the next meet.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Hey ho ...home now...so whens the next one???

Thanks again to Jim ...you da man Jim ...chocolate cake for breakfast anyone

Brilliant weekend....great to see everyone again and get our fix!

Paul and Adam must get the prize again for 'braving the weather & traffic'...great to see you guys!

Mark with his big one...ooo er...hope your brass ring stayed in place for the duration!

Jem and and his array of past and present lasers ...great when visitors come in, you can actually show them how things have changed! BrillianT!!! Cheers for the goggles and magnifyer.

Carl and his blue harp...and JMJ tribute....what talent hope the gig went Ok shame you had to go

Richard...better late than never good to see you mate...with his 'big blue' pointy thing... I have to say i was impressed especially outside

Simon and his blues ...very impressive...me likes a lot!!!

Dan ...your a lucky man.... no more to be said really....when you get bored with it let me know

Chris & Robin are up there also in the 445 race....great work guys...

Morgan and his nifty thingy majigger...(technical term for a smart bit of kit that produced white light?!!!)...excellent!

Hayden got his green....keep up the good work...nice to see you mate

Andy...just makin a mess as usual...if not in the kitchen (just call him Milly from now on!) in the hall (boxes everyhwere) and outside...THE PIPE! just cant take him any where
    Your better half MUST be very tolerent

Rob...Mr Wax ...always in the kitchen at party's...at least I did see him have a go on his greens this time and he fixed one of his OWN machines ...as well!!! bonus!

And DIMMMERS.... wot a bloke ...ta for the S-wafels( cant be bothered spellin it out!) another one always in the kitchen, took two tables up in the hall - must be competing with Rob and Andy for the biggest pitch Great to see you again and will be giving you a ring when we visit Amsterdam soon...cheers matey

I know ive missed people off...but Im cream krackered...it was really great to see you all...it really is just a great weekend very relaxed (!) no hassle (apart from hiding my curry!!!!) and everyone helps out...great stuff....looK forward to the next one....

K
    Move toward the light!

Hey All,

Well Rob, you're right.... "Bet my house that you'd wished I'd been there from Friday" was a good call!! I'll certainly be there for the whole weekend next time.
    Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome, even though I was only there for a few hours on Sunday.
    I've got some cracking photo's and video. I'll stick them on here sometime during the week.
    Now, do the kids really need more school clothes and Christmas presents?? I'm sure I can syphon some of that money off to upgrade my 'inadequate' TTL RGV's!!!!

Rob, I'll be in touch hopefully this week regarding buying a case and 'bits' from you.

Roll on the next one!!!!

cheers,

Nik

I can only add to everyone's comments on what was a fantastic weekend. What a great bunch of people!

Bring on the next LEM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8266.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	3.47 MB 
ID:	20108Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8257.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	3.19 MB 
ID:	20106Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8263.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	3.34 MB 
ID:	20105Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8267.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	20104Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8262.JPG 
Size:	2.78 MB 
ID:	20102Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1068.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	20101
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8273.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	3.71 MB 
ID:	20100Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1066.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	20107Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1067.jpg 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	20103

Phew

Whirlwind weekend ! Phew ! 10 hours down , 5 hours back up !

As always big huge HUG to jim for organising and EVERYONE ELSE for simply being laser lovers and making all that light happen

Catch ya all soon !

Paul
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Great weekend again! I'll add my thanks to all... In particular Robwax for the consultation on Tiny Projector 1, and for UKlasers for dashing my hopes and saying what I'd discussed with Rob probably wouldn't work! Electronics geniuses... Don't you just hate 'em! Hey, it's all part of the research isn't it... Dimmers for the loan of three drivers to get my thingy majigger working, (credit to Kev for that name!), although the green seemed to have several arguments with the driver and they kept falling out...

Cheers too for the appreciation of my other unmentionable work...

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Chris, Morgan (great <cough> pointers <cough>), glad you could both make it.
    Thanks Jem. I hope that didn't stick in your throat too much!! I loved your beautiful clean projections! I'll have a word with my CNC operator and see what he'll charge for more parts of a light engine for your lumia...

Jim gets the most praise for organising it of course and I will see you all at the next one with further developments I hope.

BTW, did anybody find my goggles???

Many thanks,

M

Talking Hello all...

Hi all,

After a rough sleep in an excellent hotel (i got a terrible cold, blowing my nose all night, thanks mr. Wax... hahahaha ;-) 2 nights sleeping only 4 hours took their toll, but it was so worth it.
    Going back from yet another fantastic LEM, typing from the Ferry so lots of saves in between, this post will grow as i drift along ;-)

First off all, Jim thank you so so much for organising this, for all the time you put into this, for your wife to put up with you while you arranging all this for us and you can't see your lovely kids while you're with us a bunch of crazy photonlovin' people. I think you did a great job.

Next of Jem, thanks for the patience and calmness you always take in explaining things, the company during our dinners and breakfasts and the nice man you are as you are.

Then Mr. Stanwax, may i thank you for all the stuff you learned me, the great help you were fitting the ilda board in my projector. I just love it. As i said, you are always 3 steps ahead in thinking about laserstuff, you are an inspiration, a help to everyone present on the LEMs and next to a seller of laserstuff you're first of all a friend and then a business. You gave so many people a good headstart in lasering, i really appreciate you for that.
    And i love all the cool stories about lasers, venues, jokes. Thanks for being such a cool dude !

Andy: So nice you came to the event, knowing you and your gf have just bought your first home, bringing your mill was soooo cool. Thanks for the time you spent with me explaining all about quads.

Daniel:
    Too bad you became ill of that lovely spicy indian stuff. I loved your patience, thanks for the Matilda, your an excellent seller and great support. Your wittyness and humour i appreciate.
    The rain made such a nice glittering effect with the CuBr.
    Which made me call your CuBr laser during the afterparty (yeah people you missed it....) with Rob Stanwax and Robin in the Ship a "Gary Glitter Laser". Which in turn made Robin almost inhale his beer instead of drinking it and Rob couldn't talk for a minute. Now i understand what a Gary Glitter is, so sorry for that ;-)

Graham: Thanks for your awesome tunes and i really liked the machine you brought, what a cool mixing turnthingy it is ! And the beats were bangin' good !

Kevski: Thanks for the fun time in the kitchen, helping me improve on my english (and my humor, apparently i need it according to Soforene hahaha....) and for the good conversations we had. And general for being there.
    Hope to meet you and your wife in a few weeks in Amsterdam.

Robin: Thanks for your company during the breakfasts and last night, your such a knowledgeable guy and what a cool job you have !

Morgan: So nice meeting you again, with your eeny weeny tiny laserthingy. What a nice white came out, will look forward to your progression on this, keep us posted. And thanks for using Milly's (Andy's) Mill for milling my Aixiz lenses down so they would fit the awesome Edison modules.

Mark: too bad you had to leave early, hope your Pendulum gig went fine ? Even with the better kvant now, with a fixed ring.
    Will send you the pics when i am home man.

Simon: Thanks for the cool stuff you showed and especially for explaining about the prismpairs !

Soforene: Nice meeting you again, have fun with the bottles of Old ladies drinks and drive safe ;-)

Carl: Thanks for all the explanations about the laserharp, you playing such awesome JMJ music (both on synth and harp). Never saw it like that except from JMJ youtube stuff.
    Too bad you had to go so early, even worse the gig went sour ;-)

Badger: good meeting you, enjoy the tobacco, really liked the mini projector now turned blue !

Paul: Good gracious what a hell of a trip you made. Took you longer to drive from Scotland then me from Holland, deep respect. Cool of you to bring Diachi with you, really a cool dude.
    No hard feelings for forgetting the mugs, but you better bring 'em next time

Diachi: Cool meeting you, and i am sure with the nice people of PL you will be building your laser soon too. I know you are a student, but i am sure people will jump in to help you get started to (Hint hint, if you have stuff.....)

All the new guys: Nik, Sam and ... (sorry) really welcome, hope you can stay longer next time and bring your builds as well. Would be nice.

I probably forget a lot of people now, not intentionally but my head is hurting like hell, and i will finish this thread when i get home, if i forgot something i apologize. (Ferry is nearly in Dunkirque).

For the top gear lovers/petrolheads:
    Trip Surfleet - Dover 295 KM, 2hrs 52 minutes, 102KM/hr average, topspeed 230Km
    (142,95 mph) (finally got that Audi above 221km...) I DID mind the average speed checks and respected the roadworks ofcourse. My break wear indicator did light in dover since braking at 200+ speeds wears the brakes faster ;-)

Loved being there, speak to you later. Almost 400km to go to home.
    Last edited by hobbybob; 10-04-2010 at 06:57.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Hi Guys.

Thanks for a great weekend.
    Not feeling to good at the moment - stress probs.

Will catch up in a few days when all is passed. I haven't forgot you all.
    Morgan. I have your goggles.

Jim
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!