Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UKLEM - After the meet, thank you's.

Hi all….
    Just a quick post to add my thanks to everyone who attended.
    Special thanks to Jim for all his hard work organising and putting up with a crowd who cannot even find a carton of curry on the table in front of them.
    Must have been flash blindness from all the 445 !
    This was my first trip to Surfleet and I now really regret not having come down before.
    Too many people to thank individually now as I have another appointment to drive the porcelain bus….

BRs
    Robin
    Lasers and beer don't mix. After 2 beers I lose coherence.

Jim; get well soon!
    I hope it wasn't brought on by the meet. You did a sterling job ol' chap

I didn't manage to take that many photos this time around, but the ones taken are ok.

Starting with a "tradition" it seems:
    (I honestly don't know how I took this one... nor all the random pictures of objects from "through the keyhole" of Surfleet village hall... (Yes, Rob; I'm looking at you!!
    )

- There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Shame I only got to stay the one day, looks like I missed all the fun again...

Got home at around 5am, and by 3pm I was bouncing around the roof of a venue in a cherry picker, not my most favourite place to be when I'm only half awake...

Anyhow, it was great to see everyone again and have a laugh or two...

Big thanks to Jim for making it all happen again. To Dimitri for the stroopwaffels. Dan for the jokes, Kevski and or Jim for the ear plugs. I wore them at the gig on Saturday and the 30k rig sounded more like my home stereo. Far better than anything I have tried before...

Also got to give a big thanks to Rob for giving my wonky projector a spa treatment. Unfortunately it went out of convergence again on Saturday, so I still have a bit to do...

After what we saw Friday I have to say, shame on you Kvant!!!! Couldn't believe how loose that front optic mount was, added to the connector with no solder, the dirty aperture (on the inside) and the loose fitting molex connector. I reckon they dug that laser out of the skip...

No doubt I have missed a whole bunch of people that I should have thanked. I got home at 5am Saturday and 6am Sunday and now I have man flu. So that's my excuse

Mark

Slightly late thanks for a great weekend, sorry I had to shoot off early and only saw the big beast warming up in the kitchen! I probably missed all the milling machines being made with the milling machine as well!

Thanks to Jim for organising always, Rob for his help with my dicky projector, Dimitri for the round Dutch cuisine, Carl for his full on concert on Friday night and everyone else for making it a fun and interesting weekend.

Rob