Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UKLEM - After the meet, thank you's.

Default UKLEM - After the meet, thank you's.

Hi All

Just got back from the UKLEM after three fun packed days

Pretty tiring, but what a weekend, such a brilliant bunch of like minded folks.

Thanks firstly to Jim for the organisation and having such a great venue and all the effort you put in behind the scenes to get this thing off the ground. Dimitri, you're an absolute star, the meets wouldn't be the same without you, thanks for your company. Rob, it goes without saying, but thank you for everything you've done, the twiddles here and the tweaks there and foor just being an all round helpful guy . I love the coulours in my projector now, a true work of art. Richard, thanks for the shows and nice to see you back, sorry about forgetting the money for the diffraction grating. Kev & Graham, great lasers and music. Andy, always impressed with your builds and love the mill, you need to marry that gal quick . Dan, you're gonna have to lay off those kebabs... Stunning CuBr, pity about the rain, have fun!

Carl B... wow!, thanks for keeping us entertained with the JMJ music and loved the laser harp.

Robin and Adrian, thanks for your company at the ship (as well as Dimitri of course). Paul and Adam, such a long way for you to come, but we really appreciated seeing you there. Chris, Morgan (great <cough> pointers <cough>), glad you could both make it. Simon and Mark, a pleasure as always. I'm completely in awe of both your talents. To anyone i've missed, I sincerely apologise and i'll add your names to the thread as I remember.

As always, I seem to come back with more gear than I went with, but hey, who cares.

All in all an incredible weekend. My head's buzzing and I'm really looking forward to the next one

Cheers

Jem
    Last edited by Jem; 10-03-2010 at 09:03.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Default thanks

yeah jim and thanks from me another great meet looking forward to the next meet
    was great seeing you all again

Hey everyone!

That's me arrived home, had quite a good journey this time.

Had a fab weekend, absolutely loved it! Brilliant to finally meet the men behind the Keyboards.

A big thanks to Jim for arranging the hall, Dimitri for being really helpful and letting me have a play about with his RGB as well as bringing those stroopwafels, love them!

Thanks to Paul for running me down to the meet and letting me play with his lasers, couldn't have done it without him.

And a final thanks to everyone else for being so welcoming and helpful! I'm very impressed by everyones kit! So thanks everyone for bring along such great kit! Well worth the journey!

Dan, hope you feel better - you jammy bugger, enjoy those photons!

With any luck I'll be at the next one, and hopefully I'll have some of my own gear then!

Regards,

Adam

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Thumbs up

This thread is worthless without pictures !!

My own special thanks to;

• Chris for the 445 lens ,
    • Robin for tinkering with it and getting my Spyder up to the standard whereby I could perform precision surgery on Gnats Testes ,
    • Dmitri for his own inimitable brand of puppy dog enthusiasm and the drink of Real Men (but not for the terrible jokes) ,
    • Jim's Mum for the homemade Choccy cake (nom nom nom) and
    • Each and everyone of us for turning up and making it the usual hotch Potch of Laser Nerd Nirvana.

Maybe next time there'll be real live ladies for me to hug instead of all the men.

Cheers Guys and looking forward to the next one ..........
    unless they find out about the little mishap with the explosives .......

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    This thread is worthless without pictures !!

My own special thanks to;

• Chris for the 445 lens ,
    • Robin for tinkering with it and getting my Spyder up to the standard whereby I could perform precision surgery on Gnats Testes ,
    • Dmitri for his own inimitable brand of puppy dog enthusiasm and the drink of Real Men (but not for the terrible jokes) ,
    • Jim's Mum for the homemade Choccy cake (nom nom nom) and
    • Each and everyone of us for turning up and making it the usual hotch Potch of Laser Nerd Nirvana.

Maybe next time there'll be real live ladies for me to hug instead of all the men.

Cheers Guys and looking forward to the next one ..........
    unless they find out about the little mishap with the explosives .......

Thread is now worth something :

Joking of course ... got some pictures uploading, not great quality, but they'll do until someone can post something better!
    Last edited by Diachi; 10-03-2010 at 10:19.

absolutly stunning

wish i could have been with you guys .... unfortunately i did not get back from poland until friday night ... then saturday was my 11 year old daughters birthday ... and today we all went out as a family for the first time in 5 weeks ....

so no lasers .... but hey i can spend the next day or two looking at the photos you guys took

all the best

karl

We missed you Karl, you're gonna have to try and get to the next one

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Wink

I remember Banthai.
    He was something to do with lasers 20 or 30 years ago wasn't he?

Many many thanks to all who made it a great weekend!
    Really good to see everyone again, as well as some new faces.

I'll dig out the camera tomorrow and throw (up) some photos on here

Cheerio,
    Dan
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -