Thread: Mpeg section ?

Default Mpeg section ?

Any space available for a few small clips with audio? I am burning a disc this weekend for demo purposes. Could be edited for size and space available. All mpeg's taken in pitch black of night with hazer to illustrate beam show. Bandwidth must be a thought here. Grovel...grovel.........Spec.......hope you are doing better now. Have not heard from in a while.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Default B\W

/me strokes his dual GB fiber connections.

Ill help out if spec cant.
    Regards,

Aidan

Default Re: Mpeg section ?

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3
    Any space available for a few small clips with audio? I am burning a disc this weekend for demo purposes. Could be edited for size and space available. All mpeg's taken in pitch black of night with hazer to illustrate beam show. Bandwidth must be a thought here. Grovel...grovel.........Spec.......hope you are doing better now. Have not heard from in a while.
    Theres tons of space (20Gigs) and bandwidth is available (380Gigs/month)

The problem resides in software... a web front end. I dont know of ANY that exists. I could always do it manually with HTML pages but that doesnt simplify getting the files here.

One solution will work though not at the "speed of the internet"(which is close to the speed of light) is for you to send me a CD/DVD with high resolution video, i "run some compression magic" on it and then upload it to PL somewhere and make the html pages.

Its weird. "Gallery" supports video uploads however the limitation of the engines that power it about 8MB of data in a single session.

Im open to ideas and suggestions and I love the idea of adding more user submitted content here.

Mech, do you have an instant messenger of some kind? I would love to brainstorm with you.

YADDA! JOSH! I know you are both extremely busy... I would love your input over messenger.

:idea: Hiya Spec I have been super busy and thankfull for the work! I will have some time this weekend so I will get some experiments done and other tasks. Let me know what type of IM you have and I will install it and hopefully get to chat soon. Let me know.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Default php.ini

hey Spec - check your php.ini file! there should be a line that looks suspiciously like "upload_max_filesize = xM" ... change that x to a bigger # and it might work - also you might want to change "max_execution_time" and "memory_limit" to larger numbers if you're gonna be working with bigger files -

gallery may be capping the file size too, there may be some config stuff with it that you need to do ...

let me know if the php.ini trick works, otherwise I may be able to help you make a really quick and dirty file uploader -

-Josh