Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Laser Alignment issue?

Default Maybe this will help

I have one of those chineese cheepies, The MFG glues everthing! I had to bust all the glue off the diechros and laser focus lens to do a near field alighnment, this is the infomation I got off PL to do it.

Attachment 20169

Hope this helps.
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

Default A clue

So I have found a clue as to what may have happened here. When I started adjusting the blue laser, I noticed what looked like washers just sitting in the bottom of the case right next to the blue laser. It looks like they were intended to sit under the laser mount but hadn't been screwed in. I am going to re-seat them and test

Quote Originally Posted by phillD View Post
    So I have found a clue as to what may have happened here. When I started adjusting the blue laser, I noticed what looked like washers just sitting in the bottom of the case right next to the blue laser. It looks like they were intended to sit under the laser mount but hadn't been screwed in. I am going to re-seat them and test
    good luck, be carefull in there since ya need it soon. Remember the enemy of Good is Better.
    leading in trailing technology

I have it perfectly aligned!!! Now I just need to screw it down LOL

I have it perfectly aligned!!! Now I just need to screw it down LOL
    congrats, now if it holds it when you torque the screws

Ok, here's the problem, the screw holes for the laser are just slightly mis-aligned. I can get the laser perfectly aligned without shims just sitting in the case. How can I align the laser? it's not like I could re-drill the holes as they are just a fraction off where they need to be. Any ideas? Thanks

Ok, here's the problem, the screw holes for the laser are just slightly mis-aligned. I can get the laser perfectly aligned without shims just sitting in the case. How can I align the laser? it's not like I could re-drill the holes as they are just a fraction off where they need to be. Any ideas? Thanks
    you move the dichro's, and it will be tricky bending them as they dont have adjustments

Smile Success

In the end, it required 2 shims (washers) to stabalize the laser and firmly screw it down. As you can see, it is 99% better than it was. There is still fuziness in the red laser, but as someone had posted, that is typical with the type of red laser I am using.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0124.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	20176Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0121.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	20178Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0123.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	20177

I have just a few more questions at this point.

I was testing different configurations with the ILDA test pattern and the scan rate, it seemed like at a certain point (around 30K, the scanners wouldn't seem to adjust any further (almost like they hit their max and wouldn't perform any different)). Is this common? I am now running the scanners at 30,200

I did scale the view to 100% as I do get the clearest images at this size.

Also, I still cannot get my laser to produce the color purple or orange. I have adjusted the color settings in Quick show and I got it to a sweet spot where it will almost produce all the colors in the various animations, (like actually getting a pink pink panther instead of white! lol) I still don't know if I have a TTL or Analog laser though, just that I was able to manipulate some colors with the settings. Please let me know if there is a way to determine which one I have.

Just for reference, here is an example of the issue I am having with the red laser VS blue. If there's any other possibility than just the type of laser.

Name:	IMG_0117.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	20174 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0118.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	2.22 MB 
ID:	20172

The picture actually came out pretty well, but please take my word for the fact that it's just not as clear as other lasers.

I also noticed my green is actually 500mw (not the 400mw that I paid for) Guess I got a free upgrade.

Also, I ran this test pattern and the edges of the diamond are seperated at 2 points (as highlighted by the red circle). Is this normal, or do I still have problems with the scanning?

Name:	IMG_0113.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	20179

Would this have anything to do with the vector settings in Quick show, I was adjusting them but it didn't seem to affect anything.

Thanks again for the help. Let me know if I didn't answer any questions you have asked me. I really want this laser to operate as best it can.

Phill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0113.JPG  

IMG_0120.JPG  

I wouldn't sweat the double lines in the quadrature.. your output will look fine as it is there. As far as the color issue, you definitely have a TTL system, which are only capable of 7 colors: white, cyan, magenta, yellow, red, green and blue. Your red laser is blurry because it is a multimode diode laser. This is characteristic of those kinds of lasers.