Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2011 - Show Suggestions?

Default SELEM 2011 - Show Suggestions?

Just my 2 cents about what I would like to see, if anyone is interested....can't do these myself....yet....

Laser Santana
    Laser Hendrix

Anyone have these in their portfolio? I am thinking both of the in 3D would be amazingly hypnotic....

Laser Loggins

Gotta cut loose...

Kick if those Sunday shoes....

I have this idea of doing a vampire themed "I Need You Tonight" by INXS. That would be so cool....

Laser Marilyn Manson? heheheheheh......

Laser Theme from Pirates of the Caribbean?

Laser Police?

Laser Ozzy?

I want to make a multi-projector show to Light by KMFDM that includes strobes and video. I have not had time to even think about starting it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserchik View Post
    Laser Theme from Pirates of the Caribbean?
    Gary ran a Pirates show at SELEM. The auditorium was mostly empty though. Almost everyone was upstairs for the Pangolin presentation.

Lazerjock

Quote Originally Posted by Laserchik View Post
    Just my 2 cents about what I would like to see, if anyone is interested....can't do these myself....yet....

Laser Santana
    Laser Hendrix

Anyone have these in their portfolio? I am thinking both of the in 3D would be amazingly hypnotic....
    I've got some Hendrix & Santana (Mike Dunn variety) -
    along with some U2, Collective Soul, Metallica, Alan Parsons, Rush, and the obligatory Pink Floyd collection...

1 or 2 a year, and the collection starts to add up...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    I've got some Hendrix & Santana (Mike Dunn variety) -
    along with some U2, Collective Soul, Metallica, Alan Parsons, Rush, and the obligatory Pink Floyd collection...

1 or 2 a year, and the collection starts to add up...
    You sure had a bunch of great shows at SELEM! (didn't see many projected but your playlists were sweet!) i love the dunn stuff myself, but my wallet doesn't. I'll be bringing down all my shows and singles next year as well.
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    You sure had a bunch of great shows at SELEM! (didn't see many projected but your playlists were sweet!) i love the dunn stuff myself, but my wallet doesn't. I'll be bringing down all my shows and singles next year as well.
    More shows - COOL!!

The Dunn stuff isn't cheap (and rightly so, IMHO), but I have found that going the "a la carte" approach, and picking up one or two "singles" a year isn't too bad -
    although, I have gone the "buffet" route as well, and THAT was expensive!!

As far as I'm concerned, the more shows, the better at SELEM -
    the hopes of seeing lots of shows in a cool venue is my primary reason for attending!
    As cool as the complex multi-projector shows are once everything is working, there's still a lot to be said for a bunch of classic single-projector shows cued up and playing, non-stop!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    More shows - COOL!!

As far as I'm concerned, the more shows, the better at SELEM -
    the hopes of seeing lots of shows in a cool venue is my primary reason for attending!
    As cool as the complex multi-projector shows are once everything is working, there's still a lot to be said for a bunch of classic single-projector shows cued up and playing, non-stop!
    ditto, hoping to discuss this more towards the date. Would really like to see the "side show's" when the major gig isn;t going
    leading in trailing technology

I'm certainly looking forward to SELEM2011. In addition to the entire AVI show library, I have all of the recent work I've done using DigiSynth. There is quite a bit of material, I think I've got nearly a full day of material combined...

Here are a few titles of full shows, not counting the revisions and updates:

Laser Green Day
    Laser Guitar Hero
    Laser Halloween
    Laser Hip Hop
    Laser Rock
    Laser Pop
    Laser Praise
    How Lasers Work/Space Laser Show
    Laseropolis
    Fright Light
    Lasermania
    Country Laser
    Laser Halloween
    Laser Holidays
    Laseretro
    Laser X- The Alternative Experience
    Hypnotica
    Laser Zeppelin
    Pink Floyd's: The Wall
    Pink Floyd's: Dark Side of the Moon
    Pink Floyd: Through the Prism
    Laser Beatles
    Laser Metallica
    Laser Spirit
    Laser U2
    Laser Vinyl
    Laser Pop
    Laser Magic

Many of these are shows that a team of people worked on, using some serious talent for animation and production. The kind of stuff that takes several months to create. I think I'll have a few other gems to show off as well.

-chuck