Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2011 - Show Suggestions?

whatup, G...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    I want to make a multi-projector show to Light by KMFDM..
    ...I've been 'slowly percolating' a high-energy one for Lords of Acids "Rubber Doll" for far too-long... between some other 'LOA' trax (Jazz trippin, Skasi, Heaven is an O, etc..) and some more KMF, I think we could make-up a really killer couple-of sets... ...we'll see - 'first things first'... (...survive till Aug, 2011..

peas...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Talking

Lovely to see actual shows getting a bit more prominence.
    After all, you spend oddles of dosh in creating these projectors and what are ya gonna do with 'em then?

Fulfill their raison d'être of course.

God bless us all (and post up them godamn shows !!)

Post UKLEM i was thiking that ...all this awesome equipment and everybody was playing with da lasers but i didnt see any actual timed shows over the weekend .. we are oodles behind FLEMs in this respect. maybe next year ! eh
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Wink

Don't Worry.
    As soon as Jem gets his arse into gear there'll be dedicated ShowLEM's where the focus will be purely on shows.

Isn't that right Jem?!?

Ohhhh Ohhhh my futtocks are pulsing at the thought

Sorry laserchik we have thread jumped ... thousand apologies
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

To be honest. After about 10 minutes of watching shows I get bored. This isn't because laser show are boring but because they are all basically the same. Cartoon graphics, moving shapes, time tunnels... sigh. In my opinion, LEMs should be an opportunity to show off what is new, not what is old. I challenge you all to come up with something new. Instead of just another cartoon show to a different song or the same old shapes moving in different ways to a different song, try adding some spice. That spice is your imagination... maybe incorporate some live control into the shows, maybe some ParCan mood lighting, video sequences that are intermixed with the lasers.. (well these are what I plan to do so don't go steal my idea ). I am sure you can think of other things. After leaving LEM I want everyone to say, "WOW, I haven't seen that before." Some of you pros probably won't be impressed but I think the average hobbyist still has not seen a lot that can be done.

Am I totally off base here? Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    .....video sequences that are intermixed with the lasers.. (well these are what I plan to do so don't go steal my idea .....
    Already done mate.
    Check out the Graphic shows for Handball and Volvo over on the Pangolinshows site.

@Laserjock-You know what, now that I think about it...I remember the POC one...I was sitting in the verrrry back corner of the auditorium....

@Lasermad - No worries, I love to watch the creativity flowing!!

@John Yayas - I agree! Let's make SELEM2011 a time for the experiemental, the new, the innovative...I would love to see what you guys come up with!!!

Laser Snoop??? It's like this and like that and like this.....Snoop doooogy dooooooooooooogggg.....

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    Already done mate.
    Check out the Graphic shows for Handball and Volvo over on the Pangolinshows site.

Those are someone elses ideas. My idea involves industrial music.

Smile

Great ideas in this thread so far... Please keep them coming!

Gary, I agree completely with your suggestion that everyone try to bring something new to SELEM 2011. For sure I'll have at least a few new shows, and though they may only be beam-shows, they'll definitely be multi-projector shows. (I *might* have an original graphics show too, but I'm not promising anything just yet!)

I also like your idea of incorporating DMX lighting into a show. Randy was talking about doing that last year, but we never got around to hooking anything up. Maybe 2011 is the year! Also, we've yet to see a graphics show that also incorporates satellite beam projectors...

But yeah, it would be really nice to see some new artwork next year. Maybe something done with Laser-cam, or something that was traced with Trace-it... Or even something from ILDA-SOS... That's what I'd like to see anyway. Also, with Chuck and Matt coming from DigiSynth, we'll definitely have some cool new abstract shows to watch, so we have to come up with something to compete with them! (Though admittedly, theirs will be a very tough act to follow...)

I'm thinking that we should have pre-designated times for certain types of shows each day. Something like 10 am to 5 PM for graphics shows, and 5 PM to midnight for beam shows. Then within each time block we'll have people sign up for specific shows they want to run. (Obviously all of this will need to be done in advance.) So if Chris has a couple shows he wants to run, he signs up for a 30 minute block of time from 11:30 to noon so he can run them. That sort of thing... That way we'll have a published show schedule for the whole event that everyone can review ahead of time.

We'll need to sort out projector and screen locations though. We can have a projector in the balcony firing towards the stage, with a screen set up between the scaffolding, or we can have one on stage shooting towards a scrim that we place back in the audience around the 5th or 6th row of seats... Need to figure out which one will work best (maybe both?)... I dunno, but I'm open to suggestions!

Adam