Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: SELEM 2011 - Show Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Laserchuck View Post
    The ADAT masters are gone, and with it an era of laser art that transformed the world.
    That is absolutely depressing....... We threw away those tapes left and right at the theater I worked at. Wish I could go back and save them. To this day, I think they were the best shows.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    That is absolutely depressing....... We threw away those tapes left and right at the theater I worked at. Wish I could go back and save them. To this day, I think they were the best shows.
    I can't tell you the tears I've shed or the binge drinking I'm about to do over the loss.

gone. just gone. With no respect for the art or the effort, and I have my ideas as to who it was that did it. On the bright side, as a result of the loss, I have gathered data from every drive, CD, zip disk, and floppy I could find, and copied all of the frame-based art, and backed it up multiple times. I have almost everything from 1990 to 2005. I have done this with Joanne's knowledge. I just want to preserve it for the sake of the art.

-chuck

Chuck, I dug up something you might recognize.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01603.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	20212Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01604.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	20213

If anyone wants ideas for how to make original shows combining many elements then you need look no further than Ministry.SK. They're stuff is mindblowing.

Still my favourite:ftp://plftp:ildaswap@ftp.photonlexicon.com/Videos/Ministry/Best Demo.wmv

Large File at 138mb so give it time!

Has everything: Beams, Waterscreen Projection, Graphics, Live Dancers.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Chuck, I dug up something you might recognize.

Wow, That is awesome! Thanks for that! This flier was printed just after Paul and I were hired, I was surprised to not see my name listed as laserist. I was hired in March 1994 but it took them a few months to get things sorted out with the contract in Pittsburgh, they wanted to do more financial planning, so I ended up spending another couple months beyond my scheduled 3 weeks of training. I think those were printed in April, then I got the next batch in May or June. I would like to have kept a copy of them but at the time there were so many cases off them I never thought I wouldn't have some around.

Jacksonville got the projector and console I would have gotten, but in the end I made out like a bandit with a very cool old console which I now have here. excellent control over colormod. Grunge and STP were both excellent shows, Pearl Jam was the best.

I have one that has a huge list of shows, I'll have to post some pics sometime.

-chuck
    Last edited by Laserchuck; 10-10-2010 at 06:22. Reason: fixed quote brackets

Here they are...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AVIflierOutside.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	123.4 KB 
ID:	20222Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AVIflierInside.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	146.7 KB 
ID:	20221

I may have others around, but this is the only one I've seen over the past few years. hard to believe that was 16 years ago!

-chuck

IS SELEM's 2011 dates solid yet? I have to sign up for vacation.

Also I'll be bringing some stuff that isn't usually scene. Have a couple 20min Jazz and Classical pieces, also a Floyd show (OK now that everyone rolled there eyes, this one is very different imo it was done by william moore (won 1995 and 1996 brewsters with 2 of the modules)). Have the zztop show from LFI(?); also several other bits n pieces that to my knowledge are not out n about and very cool.
    leading in trailing technology

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    IS SELEM's 2011 dates solid yet? I have to sign up for vacation.
    Yes - SELEM 2011 will be held on August 19th through the 21st, with load-in starting on Thursday, the 18th at noon. You'll notice that it's a 3-day event now, instead of a 2-day one. The pre-SELEM dinner party will be Thursday night instead of Friday like it used to be. We decided to add the extra day since it's gotten so big.
    Also I'll be bringing some stuff that isn't usually scene. Have a couple 20min Jazz and Classical pieces, also a Floyd show (OK now that everyone rolled there eyes, this one is very different imo it was done by william moore (won 1995 and 1996 brewsters with 2 of the modules)). Have the zztop show from LFI(?); also several other bits n pieces that to my knowledge are not out n about and very cool.
    HELL YEAH! Sounds great! (And where did you get the idea that people don't like Pink Floyd? Floyd goes with lasers like high heels go with long legs...)

There will be more emphasis on shows this time. We'll have the curtains closed for most of the event, so we can be watching shows in the auditorium while people are setting up backstage. We will also have a dedicated projector for graphics that will probably be permanently mounted in the balcony. We'll run an ILDA cable down to the ground floor and let people hook their controllers up to it to run their shows.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post

HELL YEAH! Sounds great! (And where did you get the idea that people don't like Pink Floyd? Floyd goes with lasers like high heels go with long legs...)

Adam
    Meant more of the roll eyes to the "usually not scene" part. Not that it wouldn't want to be scene

Also the jazz piece is a collaboration that Tom Grimes did, does anyone know anything about him or William Moore?
    leading in trailing technology