Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: UKLEM-10 - Surfleet, South Lincolnshire 1-2-3rd of April 2011

And possibly more stroopwaffels... Yummy
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Stroop wafels?

CHECK!

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Thumbs up

Gidday chaps,

After officially getting a greencard from the wife, I'll finally be at this LEM!

Most likely arrive late Friday evening.. (if you guys are still awake).

So questions are...

Should I bring my SP Performa (Do we have 3ph?) or not? - poor thing does not get struck very often so it would be a treat for it..
    I'll need help getting the Tranny out of the car tho.. (The transformer that is.. not the ladyboy)

Other than that I'll bring what DPSS I can, and do my best to get it into projectors of some sort.

Also, is there anything we may need that I could supply ?? I have a shitload of Cisco Switches (LAN PARTY!!!) and loadsa cable.. so could sort that ?!?

Anyway, put me down! (for the event, not put me down for being a New Zealander / Driving from Scotland.. etc)

Cheers,

N.
    Last edited by gashead; 01-05-2011 at 06:34.

Excellent, you will enjoy the weekend mate I am sure
    It will be good to meet up with you finally.

3phase is available, just let me know what size breaker you will require to run it off.

There is usually some one well awake into the Saturday morning.

Jim
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    Excellent, you will enjoy the weekend mate I am sure
    It will be good to meet up with you finally.

3phase is available, just let me know what size breaker you will require to run it off.

There is usually some one well awake into the Saturday morning.

Jim
    Please sir, may I have a 63A breaker.

I think I could get away with 40, but the Tranny has some C16 sockets on it we could use for distro to other stuff, so I wouldn't be completely wasting 63Amps.

Where's the nearest water source to the stage (or area where Lasers will be set up) - I'll need to bring enough hose.. I'll also need to dump the waste water somewhere. (not had the money to go closed loop yet).

Also, does anyone have access to a longish C63 Male to Female cable ? I only have a shortie as I usually just hire them when required - but if anyone has one poking around I'll shout you a pint, or some stoopwaffelens.

Bit of info about the head and scanning system:

It's a 3 watt mixed gas SP Performa, I bought it a few years back from Mr LaserGrafixs as I just couldnt resist the deal.
    My Mrs pissed herself - mainly because she cant see the point of (any) laser - plus it kinda takes up a fair amount of space in the house.. (including the Transformer).

I've not had the spare cash to get me a pcaom, so I'm running a load of actuators with dichro's on them, it works .. kinda... until you try to select white that is.

So if anyone has a spare pcaom they want to donate for the weekend then I'm your man.

I'll be coming along with my FB3, so I'll be able to patch into anything multi projector we try to do.

Anyway - cant wait !! only wish it was sooner!!

Cheers all.

N.

I will bring my Neos 8ch for ya Its fitted to a g120 scan head so you can use that if ya like - all adjustable for height so a piece of piss to set for a different laser
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    I will bring my Neos 8ch for ya Its fitted to a g120 scan head so you can use that if ya like - all adjustable for height so a piece of piss to set for a different laser
    Rob
    Can ya bring the other end too?
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Rob
    Rob you bloody star!

The Neos along with the g120's would solve the problem of me only having one set of Galvo, so it'll mean I can bring a 800mw 532 projector and the WL.

Maximum projectors!! wooohoo!

Meanwhile, Jim gets on the phone to the National Grid...
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

he best also be on the phone to the bacon
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat