Thread: Alesis HD24XR Mods

Question Alesis HD24XR Mods

Does anyone have a howto guide to modify the output of this for laser show playback? I know pango will do it but I would like to do this myself.

Thanks
    leading in trailing technology

honestly I would not modify an HD24, they are really expensive still!

just get a blackface, hook the light-pipe out from the HD24 and use the blackface as a DAC... no modifying the HD24 nessicary!

thats how we do it at the planetarium... but we use HD24's connected to Fostex ADAT's that were previously modified and in service...

Default HD24 solution for lasers

I use this device...

http://www.raven-systems.com/transcoder.html

it is made to connect to the HD-24 via optical ins/outs, use one Transcoder for each 8 channels, record MIDI, DMX, timecode, audio, and XYRGB laser signals....geometric correction built in...can also record 6ch color signals if needed. Cost? about $1500 - not for the budget minded, but a super elegant solution to recording and duplicating shows.
    Last edited by LaserWizard; 08-26-2010 at 18:12. Reason: oooops forgot audio

we use one of those at the museum of science in miami... it works, but its pretty expensive compared to modding a blackface to do practically the same thing just without the extras

I just got a great deal on the HD24 off CL, $375.

I already own an UGC and ADAT blackface so the best route is to loop it as mentioned. I was just looking for the HD24 mods incase of travel less equipment, but the SC DAC i suppose can do anything it can and is alot smaller, just isn't as geeky. Well maybe
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    I just got a great deal on the HD24 off CL, $375.
    holy crap thats an awesome deal! you lucky bastard!

I watch craigslist down here for HD24's but have not found any for under <$1k