Thread: Winamp Plugin + Sound Card DAC

Default Winamp Plugin + Sound Card DAC

Hello, I have just recently built my first RGB rig controlled by a Sound Card DAC (DrLava) and I use mainly Spaghetti and LFI Player. I heard there was a Winamp plugin but I am unsure if it will work with my setup. I tried searching the web for "Winamp Laser Plugin" but have had no luck. Any suggestions how I can use my Sound Card DAC to play "real-time" shows synchronized with music? Thank in advance...

Quote Originally Posted by PaulZimm View Post
    Hello, I have just recently built my first RGB rig controlled by a Sound Card DAC (DrLava) and I use mainly Spaghetti and LFI Player. I heard there was a Winamp plugin but I am unsure if it will work with my setup. I tried searching the web for "Winamp Laser Plugin" but have had no luck. Any suggestions how I can use my Sound Card DAC to play "real-time" shows synchronized with music? Thank in advance...
    The plug in most often mentioned is for use with the pangolin QM2000, not saying there isn;t something else but i don;t know of any.
    leading in trailing technology

Lightbulb

The Winamp AVS laser plugin is only for the Pangolin QM2000; one of the main reasons I went for the QM2000 instead of the FB3.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

I was working on a Windows Media Player plug-in for a little while but got side tracked (as is usual for me). When I left it, it was capable of display either oscilloscope view or a spectrum view of the audio. What remains is to create more interesting visualizations and add the projector setup portions of code. I already have the projector setup code written since I can reuse what I have done for Spaghetti. I don't know how much visualization writing I will do, but it will be pluggable it will be possible for 3rd parties to write their own visualizations. Anyway, I hope to get back to working on this once I finish Spaghetti 2.0. But, I am currently in the middle of finding a new home in a different city so things are kind of crazy right now.

Thanks for the info gentleman, what is the name of the plugin you mention for use with the Pangonlin so I can look around? I am really just looking to create an oscilloscope type effect. I am a C++/Java programmer by trade so I may just write my own...