Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: UK ShowLEM - J40 M1. West Yorkshire...

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    i hate to be a bit gay but very long way from me so you can probably count me out, sorry
    It's a nice easy drive straight up the M1 though Andy. I do hope you'll reconsider, as it won't be quite the same without you there
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

ill do an aa route map thing when i get home check the time. but if its like 5 hours or something silly count me out.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    but if its like 5 hours or something silly count me out.
    Pussy ! hahaha

If i can combine it with my work/holiday i will try to be there too.
    If i just go over on friday it must be doable, maybe go back on sundaynight/early monday.
    If not, i'll ofcourse be there on the Surfleet ones.

No offense Jem but since i have to travel really far for it, i like the tinkering/shows/build in stuff a lot.
    So it might be i'll skip this, but never say never ;-)

A hobby is a hobby and a hobby costs money ;-) So i don't complain...
    But i prefer going over at dunkirque... i checked out Rotterdam Hull and costed like 260 pounds !
    Going over at dunkirque is only 60 euro's (like 50 pounds).
    Ok then some extra for the Diesel, but for 210 pounds i can drive quite a long stretch ;-)
    Around 2000 km's or so ;-)

So you'll never know ;-)/
    Last edited by hobbybob; 10-11-2010 at 06:35.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    Pussy ! hahaha

If i can combine it with my work/holiday i will try to be there too.
    If i just go over on friday it must be doable, maybe go back on sundaynight/early monday.
    If not, i'll ofcourse be there on the Surfleet ones.

No offense Jem but since i have to travel really far for it, i like the tinkering/shows/build in stuff a lot.
    So it might be i'll skip this, but never say never ;-)

A hobby is a hobby and a hobby costs money ;-) So i don't complain...
    But i prefer going over at dunkirque... i checked out Rotterdam Hull and costed like 260 pounds !
    Going over at dunkirque is only 60 euro's (like 50 pounds).
    Ok then some extra for the Diesel, but for 210 pounds i can drive quite a long stretch ;-)
    Around 2000 km's or so ;-)

So you'll never know ;-)/
    yeah i know
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

O.K. Guys, here's an extra teaser...

I've just come off the telephone after a very enjoyable chat with our very own UK Legend that is.... wait for it.... Rupert morse!

Basically, I shot him an email earleir today to ask if he would be interested in either attending the ShowLEM or perhaps writing a small multi-projector show for us, I also mentioned about perhaps providing a short tutorial if he were able to attend in person.

Anyways, rather than email me back he decided to give me a call. After a great chat it appears that he's really interested in attending this meet. He's seemingly been sort of 'out' of the 'enthusiasts' laser scene for quite some time and was amazed to find that there's some really interesting stuff going on out there amongst the 'enthusiasts' community. He's extremely interested in what we get up to and would like to re-invigorate his name in the laser communities once again.

Personally, I don't think he needs to worry as i'm sure everyone on PL knows who he is . Apparently he's also busy writing a CD with quite a few pre-programmed shows on it and I believe he's hoping to release it soon for a reasonable amount of money.

More news later...

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

teaser ? teaser ?
    Man... now i HAVE to be there.... to meet the man, the legend himself.
    A small tutorial from him would be excellent wouldn't it ?
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Thumbs up

Hell yeah!

Great idea, Jem! Sure hope Rupert can make it to your event. I know you guys will show him some great stuff, and I'll wager that he'll have some cool things to show as well! (Too bad I can't make the trip; that event is going to be kick-ass...)

Hmmm... Wonder if there's any chance of getting him to America next summer for SELEM 2011?

Adam

I may not have chipped in on this showLEM idea yet but I'm deffo up for this.
    Will my two 700mw RGB's cut it or are you thinking 1w+ projectors only?

Carl
    2 x Stanwax Laser 3W RGB's
    2 x OPT 10W RGB
    Pangolin FB3QS + Live Pro
    1.3W Laser Harp

I'm in
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    O.K. Guys, here's an extra teaser...

I've just come off the telephone after a very enjoyable chat with our very own UK Legend that is.... wait for it.... Rupert morse!

Basically, I shot him an email earleir today to ask if he would be interested in either attending the ShowLEM or perhaps writing a small multi-projector show for us, I also mentioned about perhaps providing a short tutorial if he were able to attend in person.

Anyways, rather than email me back he decided to give me a call. After a great chat it appears that he's really interested in attending this meet. He's seemingly been sort of 'out' of the 'enthusiasts' laser scene for quite some time and was amazed to find that there's some really interesting stuff going on out there amongst the 'enthusiasts' community. He's extremely interested in what we get up to and would like to re-invigorate his name in the laser communities once again.

Personally, I don't think he needs to worry as i'm sure everyone on PL knows who he is . Apparently he's also busy writing a CD with quite a few pre-programmed shows on it and I believe he's hoping to release it soon for a reasonable amount of money.

More news later...

Jem
    andy gets banned from PL!

WHO?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat