Thread: Ghostland Observatory Lasers

Default Ghostland Observatory Lasers

Is it me or is the singer clearly walking through beams that would be safe to assume >5mW? It might be an optical illusion but I can't tell. If not the beams sure to be pretty damn close. These shows are super awesome to watch online, I wonder what one looks like in person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR22_...watch_response
    Last edited by MLS; 06-15-2011 at 17:07.

Quote Originally Posted by MLS View Post
    Is it me or is the singer clearly walking through beams that would be safe to assume >5mW? It might be an optical illusion but I can't tell. If not the beams sure to be pretty damn close. These shows are super awesome to watch online, I wonder what one looks like in person.

I believe the rules are different for the stage performers and are briefed on laser safety.
    - instinct

100% correct... You can shoot any lasers of any power on performers if they are ok with it, but safety should always be observed.... The rule is that anyone that is a part of the show, or is paid can be in harms way of lasers if they safety trained on it... and that can be as intense as a 6 week course or a 2 minute speech on the dangers of lasers... but if you are a reputable company, you should avoid this unless you are 100% sure that the performers will be safe and understand the possible dangers involved... (Kinda like stunt men, and how sometimes actors do their own stunts...) but I have found that when you show the performer that the laser can light thing on fire, they are way more inclined to be safe and avoid looking anywhere the laser might be coming from... lol
    Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    I believe the rules are different for the stage performers and are briefed on laser safety.

I caught their show when they came through Seattle a month or so ago and the lasers were amazing. They had two lasers mounted high, stage rear that scanned the performers at the show I went to as well as multiple full color heads launching beams over the crowd. They had some gorgeous yellows that made me suspect they're rocking OPSL's. If you get a chance to see them, check them out. The laser show itself is well worth the price of admission.

After seeing their performance, I was wondering if the sunglasses they were wearing might be custom made laser attenuating eye wear. It'd be a nice way to bump up the safety margin while maintaining the rock star look at the same time.

Here's some more video (in HD!) of their show that I suspect the Brits would characterize as "nutters":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1M7jp0P5do

Quote Originally Posted by MLS View Post

I am wondering how many casio projectors died for those projectors?
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Lightwave International (lasershows.net) does the lasers for Ghostland and always has. With 16 lasers on their tour, they know about the safety requirements for the lasers.
    Those 2 lasers are OPS golds, yes.